New HD channel...?'s and fears

It's all about the money. Any of these shows can be shot in HD now. Heck, even most of the people I know who shoot weddings for a living shoot in HD. But you have to invest in the new equipment, and instead of paying camera crews that you hire around the country bottom dollar, you have to give them a little more to give them an incentive to upgrade their equipment. Same goes for the editing. Someone's got to invest in the new equipment, but who's paying for it? And at the level of technology most of these shows use, it's really not that big of a jump to the HD world anymore.

So when someone says they can't, it means they don't want to affect their bottom line.

Fran

Survivor and Amazing Race has SO much potentional to be in HD. Such beautiful places they go, plus CBS 1080i? Man it would be awesome.

And to reply to a post on the last page...you're right...TNT HD does really suck from a programming point of view. I guess I never thought about them because I do like their NBA.

Heck..I'm all psyched now about seeing the main post up there that we're going to have STARZ OND? How in the hell? DL'ed through the Internet? I've heard forever this was not possible. Could HOward TV be coming one day?

Wow. that 480p hells kitchen looks WAY better than any DVD i ever saw...it deinitely looks 720p to me.

There's no denying that it looks good.. but, it's still 480p. :) When Fox had their 480p 'Fox Widescreen' before 720p broadcasts, their original argument was that most people couldn't tell the difference between their 'Fox Widescreen' and 720p. It seems that is holding true since a lot of people mistake it for HD.

Did you also realize that all of their promos/commercials/previews are SD Widescreen as well? :)

Last edited:
I agree, I totally thought that Hell's Kitchen was HD. It's still better than 4x3 480i and it looks GREAT so I'm not complaining.

I can always (AFAIK) tell wide screen from HD, softer picture and lack of detail, I guessa 57" display helps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)