New HD Channels Anytime Soon???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Grimlok

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
NJ
i'm interested in making the jump from digital cable to direct but I was wondering if they were planning on releasing more HD stations in the near future. Perhaps when the new MPEG-4 receiver comes out?

Its out, and we are all in a "Holding pattern" for new HD Channels, allot of rumors, but nothing on the horizon. O wait a minute, we will be having a Pop music channel in HD!!....Cant forget about that. But in all seriousness.. We are waiting. If you read some of the rumor mill posts about Directv changes/Expansion it can be an exciting upcoming year or so (if it all happens) which I hope it does

or better yet, just do a search " new HD" so you won't have to wait to read all the same old repetitive posts here.

Last edited:
Grimlok said:
i'm interested in making the jump from digital cable to direct but I was wondering if they were planning on releasing more HD stations in the near future. Perhaps when the new MPEG-4 receiver comes out?

If I were to speculate as to when new HD channels come out, I would say shortly after D* has full control and testing is completed of the last 2 sats that are planned to go up next year.

So to answer your question as to :
releasing more HD stations in the near future.

NO, not the NEAR future

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)