New HD channels improving already?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

M Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
The new HD channels are improving, it seems. All of them, actually. I'm flipping around at 11pm pacific time, and I saw...

-HD cartoons on both Disney and Toon Disney (or Jetix, or whatever they call it...)
-An HD movie on Bravo...IN OAR 2.35:1! (I'm sure it was censored and packed with commercials, but it looked great.)
-HD on almost every sports channel, except WFN of course.
-The albino guy on CNN was in HD
-HD movie on TNT (But TBS was running a stretched one.)
-ALL THREE A&E channels had HD! That's a first, I think.
-There was something on Food Network that I had never seen in HD before, but it was a show I usually don't watch.

On the other hand, Cartoon Network looked particularly bad...they were showing Home Movies and it really upconverted poorly. But I had watched Harvey Birdman earlier and it looked great. I think Home Movies just looks bad in general.

I was also surprised to see a rerun of Everybody Love Raymond in HD on KTVK, which isn't even a network channel. (Phoenix market gets 5 HD locals.)

Ktvk

The new HD channels are improving, it seems. All of them, actually. I'm flipping around at 11pm pacific time, and I saw...

-HD cartoons on both Disney and Toon Disney (or Jetix, or whatever they call it...)
-An HD movie on Bravo...IN OAR 2.35:1! (I'm sure it was censored and packed with commercials, but it looked great.)
-HD on almost every sports channel, except WFN of course.
-The albino guy on CNN was in HD
-HD movie on TNT (But TBS was running a stretched one.)
-ALL THREE A&E channels had HD! That's a first, I think.
-There was something on Food Network that I had never seen in HD before, but it was a show I usually don't watch.

On the other hand, Cartoon Network looked particularly bad...they were showing Home Movies and it really upconverted poorly. But I had watched Harvey Birdman earlier and it looked great. I think Home Movies just looks bad in general.

I was also surprised to see a rerun of Everybody Love Raymond in HD on KTVK, which isn't even a network channel. (Phoenix market gets 5 HD locals.)

You are getting KTVK via OTA HD.

While stretch-o-vision typically turns me off I must say I am impressed with the improvement on cartoon network. The picture is much brighter and looks better than the SD counterpart.

That said I think MGM HD may be my favorite channel. I watched a bunch of movies this week and they looked great.

It's really amazing, I looked it up on the EKB ( EKB: Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial)and sure enuff you get the big 4 & this AZ family ch. I wonder why it was chosen over the CW & MyTV station for HD coverage. BTW it is coming off the 110 bird.

It has local HD news like 7 or 8 hours a day. Also, Diamondbacks (probably the real reason.) And, apparently, Raymond.

Yeah, I know, I hate that channel too, but it's one of the highest rated independent channels in the country. I'd like to have 61 just for Reaper.

Does 45 show Suns games in HD? Otherwise, I don't see any reason to have it. Isn't it all soap operas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)