New Hd Channels Start Time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbo,

You are so right.

Amazing how quick we can go from satisfied to disgruntled.

I want the HD like anyone else but not having it has not materially affected my life.

We as Americans are bitchy people. We want it yesterday and we give no place for mistake, error, etc. A year from now..........what will the gripe be?
Only 100 HD channels? :)

Jimbo,

You are so right.

I want the HD like anyone else but not having it has not materially affected my life.

We as Americans are bitchy people. We want it yesterday and we give no place for mistake, error, etc. A year from now..........what will the gripe be?

ONLY 150 probably, hopefully :)

Jimbo

This thread is getting packed with rude people. This Jimbo member is trying to start things. I guess he is mad at him self for having Dish network.

Yup, thats me , always trying to start trouble, I love my DISH Network ......hardly.

I don't have any idea where you read that I had DISH.
I'm a football fan , DISH can't afford that ...

Jimbo

jeeeez, lets start it right now,,,,, why wait?

Press Release Directv

Directv is please to announce the futue launch of satelite D18. The launch WILL occur April 1, 2008. This new bird will incorporate the newest in technology yet to be developed but we have every reason to believe it will be ready to launch our new HD technology ahead of schedule. This new technology is called 2160PP. Besides the resolution being 8 times higher than anything seen today, it will also incorporate our newly patented 4D (3D plus smellavision) a directv proprietary exclusive. Without delay these channels will go live on October 31 2008. In addition our new upconverter developed on break by our CSR's can transform standard definition formats into the full 2160PP with crystal clear clarity. We look forward to serving you and bringing the future to you soon.

Jimbo,

You are so right.

I too find it funny that so many are ticked off that the channels were not up when "supposed" to be. I keep checking Directv's website and have NEVER seen an exact date. Even the two different installers had no idea, just "sometime this fall". I will admit I didn't expect the very few HD channels when I upgraded...I thought D* had comparable channels to Dish. I just wanted NFL Net in HD. I was bummed, but after reading about the new channels in a matter of weeks, I was ecstatic! I can wait, it's no big deal.

Just wish my local Fox came in....... :(

I gotta agree with Drake.... If I read a press release that said that "You will NOW receive more HD" and it wasn't there, then I'd get ticked off. I can't get mad when speculation doesn't come true. I am eager for more HD content, though and I will be damn glad to get it. But I won't bitch in the mean time.

Boy do we have alot of teenagers in here or what? I didn't think they could afford a HDTV. Guess I was mistaken.
I can wait, I been waiting since Voom rolled up its carpet. a week or two won't matter to us adults.

"Boy do we have alot of teenagers in here or what? I didn't think they could afford a HDTV. Guess I was mistaken."

Vizio.

Let Me Tell You All When The Launching Date Is..
Right Now If You Switch To E*.
While Everyone Is Waiting For The Big Hd Launch On D*, Othes Are Enjoing E*.
How Naive Is Everyone And Still Believe In D* After All This Lies.
Even If Eventually They Do Lunch, Just Because Of All The Lies I Wouldn't Stay With Them.
If You Want To Send A Message To D*, Switch Now To E* And Only Then Maybe D* Will Launch Their Hd Channels.

I Can't Wait Till Sunday To Laugh At All The D* Believers When They Get Dissapointed Again!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish everyone knew how to use their spelling/grammar check...

Society as a whole is plagued by ignorance...

How dare you come in here with your comments regarding a different subject. This forum is about Sunday's launch of our new HD channels!!!

:mad:

Time of Arrival of HD

Just thought since the Forums are pretty dead tonight that I'd post what rumors I've Heard I'v heard 6 Am this morning(21st) we will get the new HD chans (or at least they are aiming for that) and I've also heard Sunday. Anyone know anymore rumors then thous two?

I have heard too many to keep track of. Why is it always 6 am I am hearing? I really don't have a problem waiting. My only problem is the communication with the csr's sucks. I upgraded a couple weeks ago, and I was told the 19th like most. I never even checked the forums. I just figured if someone from D* said it, it must be so. They should at least post a header that states that there is no firm Sept date, and to ignore all csr statements regarding a date. I'm going with sept 30... of course, 6 am!

I just wish they would hurry up and launch the dam channels and be done with it.

Everything seems to be on hold because of this crap! I got Directv customers waiting to see whats offered so they can decide if they are going to keep Directv or switch to Dish Network and I got new customers who are sitting on the fence waiting for Directv to get their stuff together so they can make a decision.

OK, but why in yet another new thread; especially since in those threads peeps are saying the exact same things? Just makes it all harder to read and keep up with; good info and/or rumors get lost in the shuffle. OH WELL.

Just thought since the Forums are pretty dead tonight that I'd post what rumors I've Heard I'v heard 6 Am this morning(21st) we will get the new HD chans (or at least they are aiming for that) and I've also heard Sunday. Anyone know anymore rumors then thous two?

Look around, we unfortunatly have about 10 threads with speculation of when they will be turned on.

At least you didn't open another ...

Jimbo

Suck the tail pipe that's so funny! People are so sensitive. Joeyvice people have been in these fourms for days trying get a clue when we are going to get what we've been paying for so long now. your prediction of the launch date is just one of millions all over the internet. You shouldnt take it personal when some questions the validity of your statement we've heard it before. I personally will not belive the date unless chase carry says it will happen X date. it's nothing personal

I wouldn't even trust Carey. I want to see with my own eyes..

Hell, I heard from the cleaning woman at the bank yesterday that she heard from a friend who had a friend at the offices that D* has here that Carey said that all the HD channels were already on the air.

They were quoting Carey as saying "You already have all the HD channels, you fools. Who are you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?"

Sounds logical and as legit as most of these postings to me!

Yup, thats me , always trying to start trouble, I love my DISH Network ......hardly.

I don't have any idea where you read that I had DISH.
I'm a football fan , DISH can't afford that ...

Jimbo

That guy has to have the world's shortest memory or is just another troll.

Sports is the reason I came back to D*, cable and E* just don't compare. although I DO want my sports in HD, TYVM and it frustrates the hell outta me that they are not already being broadcast, but hell, I can get all the channels in SD now that I want, and with the other 2, I couldn't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)