New HD Channels with 3 LNB Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HitBox

Original poster
May 22, 2007
I talked with a DirecTV tech yesterday in order to get a 5 LNB dish installed. I told him I was interested in getting the new HD NATIONAL channels when they are put into service. I was thinking I would not be able to receive signals from D10 with my current 3 LNB dish. He tells me my 3 LNB dish will get the new HD channels just fine with my current receiver (HR20 - 700S HD DVR). He said D10 was strictly for local-into-local HD service. Can anyone in the forum verify this? He did not know where they would be located in the Program Guide.

Thanks in advance ...

Last edited:
He was a fool. It is highly likely all the new national hd channels will be mpeg 4 and require the newer equipment.

I talked with a DirecTV tech yesterday in order to get a 5 LNB dish installed. I told him I was interested in getting the new HD NATIONAL channels when they are put into service. I was thinking I would not be able to receive signals from D10 with my current 3 LNB dish. He tells me my 3 LNB dish will get the new HD channels just fine with my current receiver (700S HD DVR). He said D10 was strictly for local-into-local HD service. Can anyone in the forum verify this? He did not know where they would be located in the Program Guide.

Thanks in advance ...

He is completely incorrect. All new national HD will come from DirecTV10 and DirecTV11 which will be at the 103 and 99 satellite slots. You need the 5-lnb dish to receive anything from those two locations.
DirecTV10 and 11 each has capacity for 75 simultaneous national HD channels and 500 HD LILs.

In addition, all new HD channels will be Mpeg4 so you will need the H20 and/or HR20 with the B converter attached in line.

Speaking of "new HD offerings" has anyone hard more on when we can expect to see the much awaited new stations.

Locals In HD ONLY People (meaning your Locals In HD like CBS,FOX,NBC,ABC)
not HD nationals

no new channels Yet!

Speaking of "new HD offerings" has anyone hard more on when we can expect to see the much awaited new stations.
If the D10 launch in June goes OK, some of the new HD national channels should start by early September. :D

That date assumes that everything will go according to plan with D10. Not a guarantee. I'm crossing my fingers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)