New HD Channels?

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Has anyone heard of any more HD Channels that might be coming out? I have heard that sometime next year MTVHD,HGTV-HD,Food Network-HD might be out. :)

Yeah, but before those, I think most of us would like ESPN2-HD and UHD ! ,though hgtv-hd may be interesting!

Yeah I agree I would love to see them add ESPN2HD to the current HD Package.

i want USAHD, SCI-FIHD, and spike HD, oh what is up with ESPN2HD cause freaking Adelphia has that now in my area and so does Freaking everyone one else except for Dish.

Wait, wait does USA, Sci-Fi and Spike even do HD?

I would like UHD, MBC HD, ESPN2HD, Starz HD and Cinemax HD as well as the two INHD's and FX-HD.

Well UHD is an outlet (so to speak) of Nbc-Universal programming, so that covers USA And Sci-fi, (not saying that the majority of programming is shown, but that it CAN be)

Spike-Hd was rumored on Verizon fios, but honestly, I cant think of any HD content they even have (besides if it could be found, some star trek?)

I think only Enterprise was shown in Hi-def. if they show the old shows it will be up-converted.

CJPC said:
Well UHD is an outlet (so to speak) of Nbc-Universal programming, so that covers USA And Sci-fi, (not saying that the majority of programming is shown, but that it CAN be)

Spike-Hd was rumored on Verizon fios, but honestly, I cant think of any HD content they even have (besides if it could be found, some star trek?)

Francisco Silva said:
I think only Enterprise was shown in Hi-def. if they show the old shows it will be up-converted.

Depending on what show you're referring to it was likely shot on film. If that's the case, it could do very well being released as HD. The only issue would be special effects, which would have been done at lower resolution and those might not look so good.

Cheers,

Yeah, that = what i was thinking, as law and order iirc was shooting in WS since 1996 (heard it somewhere) for 'hd future', thinkin star trek might be the same

I only have TNG on DVD and it was all on full-screen. DS9 DVDs are also on
full-screen. Not sure of Voyager though since I haven't watch a DVD of it yet.

CJPC said:
Yeah, that = what i was thinking, as law and order iirc was shooting in WS since 1996 (heard it somewhere) for 'hd future', thinkin star trek might be the same

High Definition can still be done while preserving the original 4:3 aspect ratio. You end up with a 1440x1080 resolution end result. Once again, as long as the original was shot on film, you can do an outstanding job with film to HD.

Also, depending on how the original was shot, there could well be quite a bit more out there than was originally shown and if you look at some of the work done by HDNet on show's like Hogan's Hero's and Charlie's Angels it's clear that even old shows can look superb as HDTV.

Cheers,

Having worked on the ST shows starting with TNG - They were all shot on 35 MM film. Also the original ST was done on film but as you can guess the negs are well used. The problem is that for editing & broadcast (prior to digital/HD coming into the picture) the film was transferred to SD tape. Therefore there older series would need to be reworked to HD tape. Upresing is more likely.

The original Star Trek was digitally remastered prior to its run on the SciFi channel in 1998. The new DVD's were made from these masters. It's not as good as HD, but it's lot better than some of the older transfers I've seen.

Mario

Yeah ScfiHD would be cool and that now NBC own the channel it would be nice to see BattleStar Galactica in HD. The new show ROCKS!

I know SCI-FI HD don't exist yet but its one that i really want, to watch Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis in HD would be huge, and if they could reshow Farscape and Firefly in HD that would be the greatest thing ever. I mean sports is cool in HD but dam it i WANT SCIFI SHOWS IN HD! Its what scifi was born to be shown in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)