NEW HD IN OCTOBER

As I've said before, no one posting here knows what national HD is or isn't coming (or when).

Remember when new HD was coming in August? Then September was going to be an "exciting" month? Now it's "next year". Remember when FX-HD and Speed-HD weren't coming for "a while" because contract talks weren't going to begin until the Summer? The channels showed up well before that.

Point is, whatever plans are set in stone are known to Dish only, and even they don't know everything because contract talks are presumably ongoing with a number of providers.

So just keep that hope alive and a few new channels may indeed show up before you expect them to. Or not. :)

Or just patiently await 5 years from now. If a particular channel isn't HD by that time, you can probably kiss them goodbye, since noone will be watching them and they would probably get dumped. :p

Or just patiently await 5 years from now. If a particular channel isn't HD by that time, you can probably kiss them goodbye, since noone will be watching them and they would probably get dumped. :p

Unless its QVC. You cant get rid of that one no matter how hard you try. :rolleyes:

I have turboHD silver and noticed nbatvHD on ch 402/9561 recently. is this part of the month free preview or did they really add it to a turboHD package?

I think it's a preview because I'm getting NBA-HD and NHL-HD, which I don't normally get since I dropped the $10 Platinum pack. Only thing is NHL-HD only shows in the 9500s, not on 403.

(To the previous poster) It's really not fair to blame Scott. He passes on what he's heard; sometimes it's right, sometimes not, which even he acknowledges. I'm sure Scott has said more than once that his sources are only on the periphery of Dish decision making so people should take any info he/they provide as a possibility only. IOW, don't bet the house on it.

Last edited:
I in no way blame Scott, I'll take speculation/2nd hand info over nothing, most rumors have at least some sliver of truth.

I know there are some HD stations that would be a nice addition, but for the most part everything that has actual content in HD is already there.

People are just number chasing now, how many non HD channels broadcast any significant amount of HD programming?

Charlie Chat Oct 12. Maybe something will be announced then or not. Could also have new channels a few days before or not.

I know there are some HD stations that would be a nice addition, but for the most part everything that has actual content in HD is already there.

People are just number chasing now, how many non HD channels broadcast any significant amount of HD programming?

Chicken or the egg? Will the HD come when their is an outlet for them or will no HD be produced because there is no way to show it?

And to be clear, we are number chasing, the number is 100% of all channels in HD at some point.

I would rather see Dish pass on a "HD" channel that has little or no HD content than add them and pay more and have to raise prices.

As a matter of fact its approaching time for Dish to consider cutting some of the HD trash channels and put some pressure on the programming providers to put up or shut up.

I would welcome fewer HD channels if prices could go down.

If an HD channel does not produce 75% of its content in REAL HD content (not upconverted and zoomed SD trash), I say drop them like a wicked stepchild.

Some of my local stations are now producing their own local HD commercials and able to now play syndicated programming in HD in addition to the network HD feeds - its about time for the HD cable/satellite channels to step up to the plate and deliver.

Chicken or the egg? Will the HD come when their is an outlet for them or will no HD be produced because there is no way to show it?

And to be clear, we are number chasing, the number is 100% of all channels in HD at some point.

Channels first. Under the same heading as "if you build it, he will come."

Isn't there a rumor that HLN is going HD this month? I saw where Time Warner is adding that this month as an HD channel.

I would rather see Dish pass on a "HD" channel that has little or no HD content than add them and pay more and have to raise prices.

As a matter of fact its approaching time for Dish to consider cutting some of the HD trash channels and put some pressure on the programming providers to put up or shut up.

+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts