new HD install - need some help plz

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HighDef

Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
usa
Hello, I am having to spec out a new HD Directv install. The cable will probably have to go 250ft. How many wires will I need run for the dish, in total how many LNB's are on the HD DirecTv setup? I could really use some help on this guys. :angel:

-Casey

Depending on the type of LNB on the dish, you'll either need one or four cables. And depending on your location, the LNB will have either 3 or 5 LNBs. Most likely you only need the 3LNB version.

You biggest problem is the distance. 250' is about 100' too far.

do in-line amplifiers work for the HD as with the old directv?

do in-line amplifiers work for the HD as with the old directv signal? also, could one use RG-11 for more distance, how would that work? not trying to be dense, just could use some good info. Please do feel free to email me at sappcs@gmail.com too. just in case i can't get to the forum through work email.

-casey

do in-line amplifiers work for the HD as with the old directv signal? also, could one use RG-11 for more distance, how would that work? not trying to be dense, just could use some good info. Please do feel free to email me at sappcs@gmail.com too. just in case i can't get to the forum through work email.

-casey
Yes,
RG-11 would help, I would run the RG-11 from the dish to the ground block and go RG-6 from there.
Provided you can get ahold of RG11 and be able to afford it.

Like JD said, you may need 4 lines or maybe only one depending on what you end up with.
4 runs at 250 ft is a 1000 ft of RG11 thats gonna be expensive I think.

can u give me some examples of the hardware between the dish and the actual receiver, in that i mean multiplexers, etc.. etc... whats an example setup from head to toe of an HD setup. I think the latest stuff is only 3lnb's right?

Hey Jimbo - Go Buckeyes!

yea, any other replies can you also email me at sappcs@gmail.com i would hopefully like to read y'all's replies tomorrow.

-Casey

You wont get the latest stuff most likely. If it is a 250 run, then swm which is mostly now 3 lnd dishes are going to be sol. as swim has a max run of 150 per policy now could it go father yeah just like my ladder can hold more then 200 pounds but again those numbers are there for areason

You wont get the latest stuff most likely. If it is a 250 run, then swm which is mostly now 3 lnd dishes are going to be sol. as swim has a max run of 150 per policy now could it go father yeah just like my ladder can hold more then 200 pounds but again those numbers are there for a reason

Stability.

can u give me some examples of the hardware between the dish and the actual receiver, in that i mean multiplexers, etc.. etc... whats an example setup from head to toe of an HD setup. I think the latest stuff is only 3lnb's right?

Hey Jimbo - Go Buckeyes!

yea, any other replies can you also email me at sappcs@gmail.com i would hopefully like to read y'all's replies tomorrow.

-Casey

A lot depends on how many recvrs your using, how many DVR's ect.

As Stone said, the SWM (single wire set up)is out as it's too far, so that narrows it down some.

In a basic set up you have usually 4 inputs coming off the LNB, so you would want to run 4 lines from the dish to the ground block, if your not running 4 tuners, they are already there for future use.
From the ground block in goes to the individual recvr(s).
In a basic set up you would run 2 lines to each DVR and 1 line to each standard recvr.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)