New HD installation questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gordon

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Sorry if this is painfully obvious elsewhere in the forum but I don't have the time to search. So thanks in advance.

I got a surprisingly quick installation for tomorrow AM to install a 622 through dishin it up. The rep said they would replace the dish 500 and I would still be using my 61.6 dish.

I am in New York. What Satellites would I now be using and is her assesment correct?

I now am using an old legacy switch. I forget the actual name for the switch,,it's the big one with a power supply inside..the 6 port one. Is there any equipment change I should request? Anything I should be on the lookout for?

I currently have 3 510s, one that I own that I'm keeping and will swap out one of the leased ones. I have the AEP and will be getting the HD package. I'm aware of the rebates ($149 - $50 - the $10 for 10 months) but I'm mostly concerned that I have the right equipment to run everything. Is my old switch good? Do I still need 61.5?

Gordon

You will need a Dish500 (to see sats 110 & 119) and a Dish300 (to see sat 61.5). It sounds like you already have all three of these dishes. But your LNBs may be old, and they might want to replace them with DishPro or DishPro+ LNBs (which is a good thing). They also may want to replace your switch with a DishPro+44.

The Dish Pro Plus LNBs/Switches are nice since they will let a dual tuner DVR work with only a single satellite feed.

There is a lot of HD programming on 61.5 and some on 110/119. So you will want all 3 satellites (ie two dishes).

See www.dishchannelchart.com for details on what programming is on which satellite.

I am guessing the would update your 500 to Dish Pro, as well as your other dish and point it to 61.5 and install a DP44 switch to handle all of the equipment.

The rep said something about reaching another satellite with the pro. Something about 118. Was she tripping?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts