New HD local for '08 question

jman069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
I currently live in the Tri Cities market DMA 91 I believe and seen that Knoxville Tennessee will be getting HD locals. Any chance I'll be able to subscribe to those or will that distant network issue from last year prevent me from doing so?

And on a side question how do I get my thread name to be in bold like the rest on the Main thread page?

Thanks for any and all help,

J

Until the laws change, you won't get an out of market local unless you "move".

Your thread only shows bold if there are new replies. It hasn't been bold for you cause you have viewed it already.

I recall seeing some threads about "moving" so I'll check those out :)

Also the thread still isn't bold but I was just wondering what I was doing wrong and seen some with zero replies like that however it's no big deal.

IF you want to "move":

1. Pick a city near by that has hd or good sd that you want . THis city should be in the spotbeam area. For example my city is Houston ,90 miles away from me but in the spot beam area.
2. Do a google search for say movie theaters . Get a real address with zipcode. Add an apartment number to it to make it yours.
3. Plug in said address into the address broker on DISH's website to see if it qualifys for the locals in the area you want. IF it does , call DISH.
4. Tell the csr you have moved already to said address and that you have a dish installed already and you are set to go.
5. Give the csr your new SERVICE address , Keep your BILLING address where you really live. Also tell them the phone number is NOT changing.
6. Tell the csr you want the locals for that city. SHe turns them on.
7. YOU enjoy new locals from the city you chose.

OK..I have heard all about moving and know it works. I have thought of doing it, but have one concern.

What happens if I require a service call under the service plan? Will they ship a replacement tuner to my "billing" address? Has anyone had any experience with receiving a replacement receiver after having moved?

IF you SPECIFY that you want the replacement receiver sent to your BILLING address , they will do it. I have had several replacement receivers , lnbs , etc, over the last 5 years shipped to my billing address. I made one mistake and did not tell them my billing and it was shipped to my Aunt's address in Arkansas , which I was using as my service address at the time. So make sure you tell them up front and there should be no problems.

having a friend's address (instead of a "bad address) in case they slip up and send it to the service address is always a nice backup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)