New Hd Locals

broadcasttheworld

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Just curious if anyone has some inside info on when the new HD locals just announced will be launched. Also I live in Cleveland Ohio area and currently have the Dish 1000 setup with 110/119/129 birds in my view. I have great signal 90% of the time on all sats and in the last year since i've had dish I have only lost complete service maybe 3 or 4 times. But i notice that when storms roll in I loss sat 129. is it possible to get a dish for 110/119 and get another for 129 to strengthen that signal? I think 129 has all my HD which is mostly what I watch. Also 1 more question does anyone have an idea where the new HD channels will be? I have heard both 118.4 or 129

Maybe I'll come across an announcement on the site here, but what announcement did Dish make regarding local channels?

Source of info

Maybe I'll come across an announcement on the site here, but what announcement did Dish make regarding local channels?

A few weeks ago there was a Charlie Chat or some other similar thing and one of the slides showed a US map of the places they were going with HD locals in 2008. There was a lot of discussion about which dots represented which cities since each dot was about 100mi and some appeared in the middle of nowhere. Seems to me I also saw a list somewhere about the same time.

I too am wondering a more exact schedule - like it would be great if they had Sioux Falls by 3:30 today when the Packers play on Fox. Our local Fox (about 15mi away) is only transmitting about 50 watts on HD right now so you need to live real close to pick it up. Of course my team is usually on Fox and so is the Superbowl this year. Fox SD (around here anyway) is much worse than SD on the other networks - like they have vaseline on the lenses!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts