Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
There were supposed to be a few markets that were supposed to launch in HD today on DISH.

I am being told those launches are being delayed one day and will be available tomorrow.

I would not be surprised if the uplink for today is also delayed until tomorrow as well all due to the router failure that happened on Tuesday morning.

It wasn't just a few markets that were supposed to launch today, but several markets. Please get your facts right, Scott.

It wasn't just a few markets that were supposed to launch today, but several markets. Please get your facts right, Scott.

So what? Scott's been churning out a lot of info the last 12+ hours. Give him a break.

Few:
not many persons or things <few were present> <few of his stories are true>

Several:
a : more than one <several pleas>
b : more than two but fewer than many <moved several inches>

Few or several.....does it really matter?

I laughed when I saw this post. Perhaps you meant for us to, but I couldn't tell.

In my mind, the two terms mean the same thing. However, after a little research I see that you are probably correct, though there does not seem to be agreement on the EXACT meaning of each.

Still, the point of Scott's message was to convey important information to a lot of us. Everyone in those markets understood what he was saying, so to me his post accomplished what it was intended to.

Lots of changes

With them having to fix the routing problems. 110 stations were fowled up it is not surprising. Yes Gb99 there is such a thing as hot swap video/audio routers but they are very pricey and doubt that those were around when all these nets were installed at 119. One doesn't usually fix what isn't broken. Most likely the reason the EA didn't suffer the same fate is they have newer better equipment. So with that having happened and the news that Absolute is being canceled + Scott is trying to get ready for a vacation. Scott is a very busy person.

I was just pissed that Wichita wasn't launched today, sorry Scott, I was taking it out on to you

BTW here is what I got this morning on this...

HD Local Launches and Market Flips Delayed Until August 12

Our previously scheduled HD Local launches and market flips to Eastern Arc have been delayed by one day. These will launch on Thursday, August 12, 2010. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I live in the QC and my guide is showing HD and it is in HD. but i had them put a wing dish on in the fall when they said we were getting them last time. so i don't know if everyone else has them.

Geez, what is going on people? This is a family friendly forum. Keep the discussion civil. If you can't say it on network tv, you can't say it here.

Scott,

Do you know when Dish plans to add the HD feeds for the CW & PBS networks in Sacramento, CA? You'd think they'd hit the larger markets before the smaller ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts