Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The following was posted late last night to the Dish Network retailer website.

8 New HD Pay-Per-View (PPV) Channels Available on DISH Network – Effective September 12, 2007
We are launching 8 new HD PPV channels on September 12, 2007.

New HD PPV “All Day DISH Ticket” movie channels include: 531, 534-537, and 540 which are located at the 110° orbital location, and 541 and 542 which are located at the 61.5°/129° orbital locations. In addition, a simulcast of the existing HD PPV channel 9467 will be launched at channel 539 (which is also located at the 110° orbital location).

Please note that the HD PPV channels that offer “All Day Dish Ticket” do not allow customers access to the same titles on standard-definition PPV channels

Lot easier to call it up on your TV, and not have a commitment to pay every month. Some of us don't watch that many movies or care to wait for delivery.

Jeez man. Doesn't everyone have Netflix by now anyway? :)

Not everyone has an HD-DVD player and a Blu-Ray player, total cost over $1000.

Since both players are necessary to have access to all films, the HD-PPV is actually much more cost effective - especially for those who don't watch more than one or two films per month.

I noticed the new PPV channels in my "All HD" favorites set up by Dish.

Now I have an additional 8 HD channels, in addition to the channel repeats (locals, premiums, Discovery, ESPN's, etc.) to sift through to find an HD program to watch. Since I don't buy PPV's and with the repeated listings, this "favorite" is becoming useless to me, since you can't edit the listings. I guess I am forced to abandon one of my other favorites listings and set up my own HD favorite listing.

And I hope these additional 8 HD PPV's don't impact on Dish's HD ability to give us other new HD channels. They will regret that if D* comes through with their 100 HD channels by the end of the year...

You can do channel locks on the channels you never watch. I do this for all the 9xxx channel #'s that are mapped down.

Yeah I think I heard BlockBuster is going to support Blu-Ray and some Blu-Ray players are down around the $400 Bucks now. I know Sony got a new player coming out next month that is going to be around the $400.

Is BTN HD Working Now?

Will you sub to SETA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)