New HD Receiver, No Local Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davey4000

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
I swapped one of my SD receivers with a new HD receiver. I have not installed a new oval dish yet, and of course not signed up for HD service yet. My new HD receiver will not pick up my local channels; however, another "SD" receiver in the house still picks them up. All the other channels from my package still come in.

Will I not be able to get the local channels on the "HD" receiver until I install a new dish?

What is you DMA? Are your LiL on the 101 sat? If so, you should still get the SD LiL, maybe the receiver is setup not to show SD duplicate channels in the EPG; can you check that?

You need to go into the set up menu to run the OTA channel program, if this is not done, you won't get any OTA channels.

You did not say which rec, but try this :
Menu> Set Up> System Set Up> Sat and Antenna> Antenna Set Up.

It will ask you your zip code and run the channel look up .

This of course is IF your talking about OTA channels, not those from D* delivered.

Jimbo

if you have two dishes you may need to run setup again and switch the 72.5 from not installed to installed. the installer may have overlooked that.

Again, just if you have a second dish for your locals.

I only have one dish...the same round dual LNB dish that was installed in 1994. I have been running two SD receivers with D* delivered local channels all this time. I'm on 101. The only thing I have done is to change out one of the SD receivers with an HD receiver because the receiver was bad.

I replaced the SD reciever with an HD receiver instead of another SD so I would not have to buy an HD receiver when I susbscribe to HD service in the future. Right now I'm still set up for standard service.

I Just had an HD Receiver installed and we had to go into the system setup and run it again and switch 72.5 from not installed to installed in order to get our locals to work. However we have two dishes installed as well as the above poster. There was also another option other then 72.5 but I cannot remember which sat it was.

Well, I really feel foolish. I do have the locals; however, they are numbered like the regular OTA channels, 2, 5, 11, etc. On my other receiver, the SD one, they are still numbered 979, 980, 981, etc. I found them on the new HD receiver by stepping through all the channels one by one. I'm sorry to say I started at channel 100 instead of channel 1 so it took me a few minutes.

Thanks to those who have replied and I apologize for wasting your time.

Well, I really feel foolish. I do have the locals; however, they are numbered like the regular OTA channels, 2, 5, 11, etc. On my other receiver, the SD one, they are still numbered 979, 980, 981, etc. I found them on the new HD receiver by stepping through all the channels one by one. I'm sorry to say I started at channel 100 instead of channel 1 so it took me a few minutes.

Thanks to those who have replied and I apologize for wasting your time.

No apology necessary! We all space out once in a while. Not usually this much, but hey.....;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts