New HDMI issues with L443

ctjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I posted this in the release notes, but I'm thinking that might not have been the right place-- sorry!

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone is having any "new" HDMI issues with the update? Two posters over at AVS are reporting their Panasonic projectors no longer work with Dish (over HDMI) since their dvrs were upgraded to Rev L433. They say component still works fine.

I'm a bit concerned as I plan to purchase the same projector very soon and generally use HDMI only.

I'm no luddite, but it seems like this Dish software upgrades perhaps a bit TOO often?

I even have one of the CRT hd sets that dish sold under their logo, that only had DVI. It worked fine with the shipped 722 software but when it DL new software. BAM Black screen. Works fine on component. But not with HDMI to DVI cable...

Watched football all saturday on my Optoma HD70 with the new 4.43 software running. No problems! I'm using HDMI.

Well, no problems for me but plenty for Notre Dame!

So w/ crappieguy, that's at least 3 who worked fine prior to the software, and now DON'T. I would imagine there are probably more.

When last I checked, the guys over at AVS were still battling w/ DISH to even acknowledge a problem exists.

Have you sent all your info to beta.bugs at echostar dot com so they can have a look at where the handshake is breaking down?

I posted this in the release notes, but I'm thinking that might not have been the right place-- sorry!

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone is having any "new" HDMI issues with the update? Two posters over at AVS are reporting their Panasonic projectors no longer work with Dish (over HDMI) since their dvrs were upgraded to Rev L433. They say component still works fine.

I'm a bit concerned as I plan to purchase the same projector very soon and generally use HDMI only.

I'm no luddite, but it seems like this Dish software upgrades perhaps a bit TOO often?

Glad I'm using component.

Be sure to call in your HDMI issues to report them to technical support and email that same report to ceo at echostar so that Dish gets a clue that HDMI is big a problem. The biggest problem with the HDMI issue is that so few people use HDMI and so few who do use it report it not working anymore that Dish doesn't understand the scope of the issue.

Call and email, early and often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)