New HDTV - DVR options?

comnet

Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
NM
Hello,

Just purchased a new HDTV. Looking for advice on the best HD DVR to use with this TV. Currently have a 612, a 510 and a 322G. Will replace the 510 with the new DVR. Service is as follows:
Classic Silver 200 with DVR - $57.99
Classic Gold 250 - $10
Gold HD - $10
Platinum HD - $10
DHPP - $5.99
Duo Receiver - $5
DVR Receiver - $10

Last statement had a ClubDish credit ($5)and a DVR package credit ($3). I'm not sure what the Platinum HD is?

I assume the Duo Receiver is the 510? We don't actually have 2 TV's hooked up to any receiver and won't need to do that with the new one.

I see posts about upcoming pricing changes.

Looking for advice on best DVR. I was looking at the 612 or maybe the 722K. Called Dish and the indicated we would have to purchase the new DVR. Any recommendations on a reliable source? We upgraded to HD about 1 year ago and only had the one HDTV at the time.

Thanks!

Dave

Save your self $10 dollars and combine Gold HD - $10 Platinum HD - $10 into 1 package tell em u want to drop platinum then go online and add it back for free

Thanks for the info. Not sure I understand about dropping Platinum and adding it back from the web? I see under my account on the web that I can remove it, but how do I add it back for free? Wouldn't Dish just charge me the $10 per month again?

Can someone tell me exactly what I get with the Platinum service? I can't seem to find a description of it on their site.

Also, if I go with a 722K, I should be able to eleminate the 510 and the 322 receivers and run the new HDTV and the 3rd TV from that unit? Any issues with doing that?

Thanks!

David

both for 10

Thanks for the info. Not sure I understand about dropping Platinum and adding it back from the web? I see under my account on the web that I can remove it, but how do I add it back for free? Wouldn't Dish just charge me the $10 per month again?

Can someone tell me exactly what I get with the Platinum service? I can't seem to find a description of it on their site.

Also, if I go with a 722K, I should be able to eleminate the 510 and the 322 receivers and run the new HDTV and the 3rd TV from that unit? Any issues with doing that?

Thanks!

David

If you call in to ask you are supposed to be able to get both for the 10 only. They have been combined.

Thanks!

David

The only issues with what you propose is if you want better than coax connection to the TV that has the 322 on it.

For the platinum thing, you just call and tell them you are unhappy that they eliminated the platinum package, but kept charging you for it. The CSR will need to take the Gold and platinum packages off your account, and then add the Gold back on. But they should know that. When I called I also got a $30 credit for the months they have been charging me since the platinum package was eliminated.

If you want to do it on the web, you remove the platinum pack (you won't be able to add it back on as it isn't there to add) and remove the Gold pack. Then you add the Gold pack back on. That updates your account for all the channels now in the gold pack.

For the platinum thing, you just call and tell them you are unhappy that they eliminated the platinum package, but kept charging you for it. The CSR will need to take the Gold and platinum packages off your account, and then add the Gold back on. But they should know that. When I called I also got a $30 credit for the months they have been charging me since the platinum package was eliminated.

How long has platinum been gone? I 'm going to call and want to know how many months credit I should ask for.....

Ross

I'm on with Dish Loyalty department as I type this. They combined Gold and Platinum into one $10 per month charge. They are going to credit me $10 per month for the next year to make up for their oversight. :)

I'm working on the DVR portion now.

David

Thanks!

David

That's interesting as when I tried to delete Platinum on-line, I could not get the HD drop down to display anything. I just got off the phone with the loyalty dept and they removed the platinum but would only back credit for one month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)