New here and New Dish member

mikeskix

Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
hi new here and would like to say hello to every member here :)

well just got dish network installed with 250 package and HD . Dvr receiver black was surprise he used a hdmi cable.well anyway was wondering
why i'm not getting some local in HD like fox and cw? is this normal ?!?!

thx for all the info and help

OTA or Sat HD...does your DMA get them all if any? Welcome, but you need to spill more info about your area.

Only about a third of the country gets locals in HD from dish! Most that really want them put up an antenna,or switch to D! As for the hdmi cable,I find in this area the local installers include them,the guys that dish sends out do not! My installer wanted $35 for a 2 meter cable.I opened my drawer,pulled out a box full of hdmi cables and told him I would sell him the same cables for $10 each! He then tried to take the component cables that came in the boxes.

hi new here and would like to say hello to every member here :)

well just got dish network installed with 250 package and HD . Dvr receiver black was surprise he used a hdmi cable.well anyway was wondering
why i'm not getting some local in HD like fox and cw? is this normal ?!?!

thx for all the info and help

First, :welcome to SatelliteGuys.us! Now, to your question. Do you get your locals in SD? If so, you may be in a market which Dish doesn't carry HD locals. Even if they do, they may not have every network in HD. What city do you live in?

Next to nobody gets the CW in HD over the satellite. With only very few exceptions you could get ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. Also, be advised that

It think you are saying you got a black DVR which probably means you got the ViP722. If Dish can't give you your HD locals, you can get them OTA and through this receiver. Going that route will give you all your local digital channels. HD and more.

We can help you more if we knew where you were. At least what is your DMA?

hey yeah i get all my locals but some in HD missing one on HD is CW and Fox

my receiver is VIP722 DVR

I'm in Washington states. lacey

i was told by dish that i can get a HD antenna and get the rest of the locals in HD and to buy it @ radioshack for about $15

sorry for the late reply but big Christmas with my daughters.

i was giving the 250 package free for 1 month.because i was told some lies when i order dish network like all locals in HD. I ask about CW because of smallville..LOL.. and also was told that the superstation was in the package with locals (WPIX) etc. which was not tru. i had the installer called then and find out why i wasn't getting them in and they gave me 250 package free for 1 month..downgrading to 200 after that

You should get an OTA antenna, I suggest a Zenith Silver Sensor, try to put it as high as possible, in attic if possible, then point towards towers. Then hook up the coax to your 722 Dish receiver and do a digital local channel scan and see what you can get. You may be in luck for all of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)