New Hopper 3

onethree

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Oklahoma
Just had a Hopper 3 and 4k Joey installed to replace 2 HWS and have a couple of questions.

1. Does the recover shows from a previous Hopper work? It says you can connect your old Hopper and the new one via a network cable and transfer shows. It starts but nothing seems to happen.
2. How long should it take to recognize an EHD? I had backed up some shows to the EHD and have plugged it into the USB3 port on the back but nothing happens.
3. Is it possible to pair a 40.0 remote to the Hopper 3 as well as the the 52.00 remote that comes with it. I would like to transfer my timers to the new hopper and be able to use the old remote too.

1. Doesn't work yet.
3. Yes.
2. EHD should be self powered. If not recognized, might need to try a different brand / model. But most likely, wait a few days for things to settle out.

Thanks for the reply. The transfer will be a nice feature. The EHD worked with my HWS so I guess I will wait or try a different USB Port. How do i add the 40.0 remote to the Hopper 3?

Thanks for the reply. The transfer will be a nice feature. The EHD worked with my HWS so I guess I will wait or try a different USB Port. How do i add the 40.0 remote to the Hopper 3?
Plut the EHD into the bottom USB port on the back of the H3. To pair your 40 remote, press the home button 3 times to get to the Diagnostics screen. Now, with your 40 remote press and hold the Sat button until you hear it beep. You should see the 40 remote come up on the Diagnostics screen. You are now paired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)