New Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JeffN9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2007
Oregon, WI.
Hi,

I decided to upgrade my Hopper 2 to a Hopper 3 and 2 Joey 2's on Sat. I have some questions that I can't seem to find answers for.

1. Where is the infrared window on the front? I have to attach a remote extender and can't seem to find the window by shining a flashlight on the front.

2. Is there a way to switch the guide to HD only like previous receivers? The only options I see in the menu are subscribed only, unsubscribed only and all channels. Is the only solution to create favorite lists?

3. How do you get rid of banner and notification stuff?

Thanks in advance.

I just recently got a Hopper 3 also but I can't help with the IR window. The only option I found for HD in the guide is the hide duplicate SD channels option. I don't know of any way to see HD only, wish I did. There isn't any way, that I know of, to get rid of the banners and stuff. That is one thing I hate also.

Hi,

I decided to upgrade my Hopper 2 to a Hopper 3 and 2 Joey 2's on Sat. I have some questions that I can't seem to find answers for.

1. Where is the infrared window on the front? I have to attach a remote extender and can't seem to find the window by shining a flashlight on the front.

2. Is there a way to switch the guide to HD only like previous receivers? The only options I see in the menu are subscribed only, unsubscribed only and all channels. Is the only solution to create favorite lists?

Thanks in advance.

The IR sensor on the Hopper 3 is about 1/2" to the right of the button door.

As already mentioned, you can only hide duplicate SD channels where an HD channel exists.

The banner stays, no way to turn it off.

For notificatons, Menu, Settings, Notifications, TV Enhancements : Off

Thanks for the info. I looked and looked but could not see the sensor.

Forgot to mention that I did already select hide duplicate SD channels and turned TV enhancements off. Guess I will have to set up favorite list's to avoid seeing all the SD channels.
Too bad Dish thought it was a good idea to take away the HD only option.

One thing that surprised me about the favorites is that the 3 and each Joey have their own list. If you set up a favorites list on one it doesn't carry over, you have to set up a list on each unit.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Go to "settings" then "Guide" to change the banner stuff. Notifications are also under "settings" then "notifications" - option called "enhancements".

Today I replaced my older hopper with a newer one, maybe hopprr 3 I dunno?

Anyways I hate not having the "HD Channels" option in the guide also. How dumb was that to remove this choice.

I also have a problem with the 'search' function... When I search for a tv show, all it does is pull up names of the various channels, no actual names of tv shows or movies, just channels. Very strange.

When I record a series/set timer, is it normal now, there is no "confirm" type button anymore?

Today I replaced my older hopper with a newer one, maybe hopprr 3 I dunno?

Anyways I hate not having the "HD Channels" option in the guide also. How dumb was that to remove this choice.

I also have a problem with the 'search' function... When I search for a tv show, all it does is pull up names of the various channels, no actual names of tv shows or movies, just channels. Very strange.

When I record a series/set timer, is it normal now, there is no "confirm" type button anymore?

For the search and maybe some other features wait a day from install sometimes two for all functions to work correctly.

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts