new hopper install, quick question

fishman316

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
michigan
I have 2 hoppers and 1 joey installed. everything is great so far. My question concerns a spare bedroom with a fourth tv in it. I mirrored the joey to that room. what remote could I use that would allow me to change the channels on the joey while standing in front of the mirrored tv? Would a 32.0 remote work?

I have 2 hoppers and 1 joey installed. everything is great so far. My question concerns a spare bedroom with a fourth tv in it. I mirrored the joey to that room. what remote could I use that would allow me to change the channels on the joey while standing in front of the mirrored tv? Would a 32.0 remote work?

I believe it will. Go to the Joey that's being mirrored and bring up system info and press sat on the 32.0. That should link them. If it won't link, then you may need to manually delink the 32.0 then try to link the remote to the Joey again.

Also keep in mind that 32.0 remotes are tricky to pair with Hopper/Joey. You literally have to have them resting on top of the receiver while pressing the SAT button (with the receiver in System Info) to get them to pair.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

me either. you dont have to do anything special at all to pair them.

so, fishman, when you take the joey remote to the mirrored room it does not work? it should...

With the 40.0s there are no issues, but as I said 32.0s have the pairing issue.

Once the 32.0 is paired it works fine at the normal distance though.

so, fishman, when you take the joey remote to the mirrored room it does not work? it should...
Yes the joey remote works. I just wanted an extra one that I could keep in the mirrored room. My uncle has a 32.0 remote that he doesnt need so I figured I would use it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)