New hopper locked lost all recordings

jaymerkramer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 22, 2006
Hopper about a week old hard locked about an hour before game time. Comes up with an error 557 and all guide data, timers am recordings gone. Tried resetting a few times but no luck. Joeys won't connect either. Any one ever have this happen?

Hopper about a week old hard locked about an hour before game time. Comes up with an error 557 and all guide data, timers am recordings gone. Tried resetting a few times but no luck. Joeys won't connect either. Any one ever have this happen?

What is error 557? I'm guessing it's a signal issue by your symptoms. Can you get into the menus and run a check switch test?

What is error 557? I'm guessing it's a signal issue by your symptoms. Can you get into the menus and run a check switch test?

Ran a check switch but all checked good. I have video at the hopper but the guide won't update. I tried letting it sit in standby to see if the guide would update but still no love. Joeys still won't connect. It says an error has been detected that may prevent recordings from takin place error 0557.

Ran a check switch but all checked good. I have video at the hopper but the guide won't update. I tried letting it sit in standby to see if the guide would update but still no love. Joeys still won't connect. It says an error has been detected that may prevent recordings from takin place error 0557.

Oh ok, that's probably coming up because the guide is empty. The nightly update should fix that. Do the Joey's show the 1303 message? What software is on your Hopper and what software on the Joey? Has anything been changed or moved since it was last working?

The Joeys say that they are connected but just have a black screen. So does the sling adapter.
Software version is 234 and Joeys are 282. Nothing changed, wife was watching TLC in the bedroom and it locked up. Dish is scheduled to come out next week to clean up the node install anyway(looks like 3rd graders installed it) I will let them know to bring another Hopper if it doesn't clear up after the nightly update. Figures it would happen before the game, luckily a I have an antenna connected to the tv. I just noticed that the hopper won't even let me pause live tv. These things seem very fragile, unlike me my 622's which ran for years.

The Joeys say that they are connected but just have a black screen. So does the sling adapter.
Software version is 234 and Joeys are 282. Nothing changed, wife was watching TLC in the bedroom and it locked up. Dish is scheduled to come out next week to clean up the node install anyway(looks like 3rd graders installed it) I will let them know to bring another Hopper if it doesn't clear up after the nightly update. Figures it would happen before the game, luckily a I have an antenna connected to the tv. I just noticed that the hopper won't even let me pause live tv. These things seem very fragile, unlike me my 622's which ran for years.

Maybe your hopper has an issue. Mine have been rock solid since I got them. I've had each one since the day they were released.

Call dish. I have a chart of dish error codes. 557 is not listed. Remember, the joeys operation is totally dependent on the status of the hopper. If the hopper crapped itself, then the joeys won't have video.

1-800-333-Dish.

Maybe your hopper has an issue. Mine have been rock solid since I got them. I've had each one since the day they were released.

The installers replaced the original Hooper on the day of the install and replaced the node and dish as well. Hopefully all settles in and starts working as it should. I really like the system and what it is capable of. Just a bad day for it to hose up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)