New Hopper Plus Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Carp83

Original poster
Apr 4, 2023
Louisiana
Just got it installed this afternoon, it has now frozen twice. Does anybody have any good reason why I shouldn’t disconnect this thing?

Just got it installed this afternoon, it has now frozen twice. Does anybody have any good reason why I shouldn’t disconnect this thing?
The first couple of days it gets updated and seems to settle down. For me it was endless power cycles. Manually check for updates on the Hopper the Plus and the Pluss apps. In the beginning I noticed a lot of just waiting and not forcing it worked best for me. Such as powering up do NOTHING until you see a live picture behind the home screen. This can take several minutes. It has gotten much better over time. Some by updates and some by it learning.

It does get better but there are still lots of issues. I have had mine since last September when it was first released to the general public. I did not have the pleasure of ever having used the Hopper 3 without the Hopper + so I probably just don't know what I'm missing. There are days though I feel like pounding this thing into dust due to the frustrations it causes. Good luck.

The tech that installed it probably used old software. Mine used to do the same thing but has quit with the last few updates. As already stated it should download any updates overnight. Once that happens it should quit doing all that.if it's still doing it after a week call dish and have them come troubleshoot or replace.

Reactions: charlesrshell