New Hopper - Sling Adapter Invalid - EHD not working

dridas

Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
New York
Got the Hopper and 2 Joey's installed on Monday (Jul 16th) Haven't had any issues with it. Upgraded from a 722 and a 722k.

Wanted to check out Dishonline, so I ordered a Sling Adapter- came in the mail on Wed July 18th. Plugged it in- no red light, no activity whatsoever. Diagnostics/Sling Adapter Status - none

Called Dish Tech Support- they verified Software version was the latest, and had me reconnect to check all 3 USB ports. Pressed "Reset" button- no change. Dish sent me a new Sling Adapter.

New Sling adapter arrives today (Fri, July 20th). Connect to back USB port -

Sling Adapter Status : INVALID
Sling Adapter Version: ADDRZAAM

Try the other back USB port - same thing
Try the front USB port - same thing

No red light illuminated on top of the sling adapter on either sling adapter.

Connected an External HDD (EHD) and no pop up window. Went to the "Transfer Recordings" icon, and it tells me it's not active, and to call Dish.

(BTW- I was on the phone with Advanced Tech Support and then passed on to Advanced Broadband Support). The technician told me that Dish doesn't charge for EHD, and that they can't be activated anymore- since the Hopper is a DVR, I only have to plug it in, and it will work. Since plugging in the EHD didn't work, that might be an indication that their is a problem with the Hopper. I had moved recordings from my 722's on Sunday/Monday prior to Dish connecting the Hopper.

So, the question is- is anybody experiencing the same type problems with the SA and the hopper. It seems very strange that I would receive 2 NEW Sling Adapters, and both would be bad. It's also strange that I have had no problems with the Hopper, and the tech seems to think their is a problem with it.

When connecting an EHD, it doesn't do anything, but when I disconnect it- it gives me a popup window saying a media device has been disconnected. Do you have to activate an EHD for the Hopper through Dish Network, or is it automatic.

Is their anything else that I should try, before the last ditch effort to replace the Hopper?

Replace the hopper. I have a sling adapter and external hard drive plugged into my hopper and it works for both of them. And NO you don't have to call and get DISH to activate an external hard drive any more. You only have to call DISH to activate an external hard drive on the 211k.

I have two hoppers, one in a theater room and one in the living room. My sling adapter has never been able to connect to the theater room hopper but it will connect to the living room hopper. I would much prefer that it would connect to the theater room hopper since this hopper has a hard-wired connection to my router. The connection with the living room hopper is extremely slow, not sure if it's because of the wireless network adapter. Similar to what you have experienced, when the sling adapter won't connect to the hopper, there is no red light, it appears to be DOA.

I also have an EHD and it is hooked up to the theater hopper. I never had a problem with the EHD and never had a reason to try it with the living room hopper.

Hope you get your situation solved!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)