New Hopper System Installed - A few Questions

gbs

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 12, 2005
Benton, Arkansas
Got a new 2H, 4J system installed and it is working great. Here are two operational questions:

1. I have a WD 500 Gb EHD that was on mt 211K that I want to use on one of the Hoppers. The Hopper will not recognize it so the it can be reformatted and I have tried to reformat it in Windows 7 but the format command is not available on the drop down list that I get in the Computer Management part of the Control Panel. Installed the WD SMartware and it will not recognize the drive either. What do I need to do to get it so I can use it on one of my Hoppers. I have two EHDs that were on my 722K on the other Hopper and it sees both of them concurrently which is really convenient.

2. Is there a way to set the DVR sort function to default to No Folders for both the internal and external hard drives on the Hoppers?

Thanks in advance.

Got a new 2H, 4J system installed and it is working great. Here are two operational questions:

1. I have a WD 500 Gb EHD that was on mt 211K that I want to use on one of the Hoppers. The Hopper will not recognize it so the it can be reformatted and I have tried to reformat it in Windows 7 but the format command is not available on the drop down list that I get in the Computer Management part of the Control Panel.
Are you going into Disc Management (Adninistrative Tools/Computer Management/Disc Management)? If so, it should show up as an unknown drive then give the option to format.

Last edited:
I am going to Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disc Management and the drive shows up as WD SmartWare (F:). When I right-click the format command is grayed out. I guess I will go to the DOS command prompt and use a DOS Format Command and see if that works. I guess this odd behavior may be a function od the 211K format which is different from the 722K format. If I plug it into the Hopper USB port it does nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)