New Hopper3 timer issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DJ Lon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Over the weekend I've been having issues with my Hopper3 not recording any new episodes.

Haven't touched a thing and it's been working fine since I got the equipment but now if I look in timer schedule for the affected series it says "timer skipped by customer" and all airings have a white line through them even though they're new. I missed 4 new show episodes last night because of this without realizing it until bedtime.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Also...I can't record Forged in Fire: Master & Apprentice the original timer says "no recordings scheduled" and in the guide A&E says "Master & Apprentice" and if I select record it creates a timer but if I choose timer schedule I get the "timer skipped by customer" described above.

Lots (maybe all?) of us have had problems with timers since Dish changed guide providers. (To be fair, it wasn't trouble free before, but it seemed to be more failsafe in that it was more likely to record repeats than it was to not record new.)

Reactions: pattykay
This has been a problem for a while now and Dish is unable or unwilling to fix it. Some series I don't watch weekly but rather record all episodes of a season and then binge watch them. I have lost so many episodes in one season that I have given up on the series. For me it justifies dumping Dish as soon as my commitment is over.

I fear this is a problem that Dish does NOT know HOW to fix. It is probably vexing the engineers and coders. I have a feeling that some bugs cause a lot of head scratching at Echostar, and it takes even them time to figure it out and begin to come up with a fix.

There is also the possibility that this is a TiVo issue because they are responsible for the metadata that is crucial for the timers to fire as they supposed to. I'm not letting Dish off the hook; I'm suggesting that Dish needs to really hammer this out with TiVo if it is there fault. This multiple timer needed just to record even just ONE season of a show reliably has greatly increased since Dish switched to TiVo for metadata/EPG data.

In fact, nearly all MVPD's who had been with Gracenote, have switched to TiVo for metadata/EPG data. This was shortly after Tribune sold Gracenote to Nielsen and Nielsen had announced some new enhancements and initiatives to improve Gracenote and leverage their metadata--at a cost one would think. Strange co-incidence that so many MVPDs' all left Gracenote at that point, at about the same time, and switched to TiVo. Hmmmm.

Either way, I hope it gets fixed soooooner than we might think.

Reactions: pattykay
I hope they fix it quickly, if you can still call it quickly, since I have this issue for about a year and a half now.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts