New House Construction - need a good DISH tech in Eastern Ohio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cmcleish

Original poster
Hello - we are building a new house in St. Clairsville, OH, and would like to hire a good DISH Network tech to run the wiring and set up the install including an outside air antenna for local channels, etc. I looked on the FTAinstall.com website and there are a lot of names listed but not sure how recent the information is - some of the websites are down, etc. Any recommendations or contacts would be appreciated.

Having no luck with finding a local tech. Brand new house under construction - I need to rough in the coax for 1 Hopper (with outside antenna for local channels) and 3 Joeys. Can someone tell me how many coax cables I need to run where? RG-6 3ghz correct?

Thanks,
?Chad M.

cmcleish said:
Having no luck with finding a local tech. Brand new house under construction - I need to rough in the coax for 1 Hopper (with outside antenna for local channels) and 3 Joeys. Can someone tell me how many coax cables I need to run where? RG-6 3ghz correct?

Thanks,
?Chad M.

Yes RG-6 (3ghz) I would run 3 leads to your main TV (hopper) and 2 leads to each Joey yes it's over kill but coax is cheap. Run all the coax to one place like basement etc... I would run Cat 6 as well. Get RG-6 that has solid copper and not copper clad steel.

Congrats on the new house :)

Thanks,
?Chad M.

I'd find a central, easily accessible location to have everything ran to and from. 3 in from the dish location, one for OTA and perhaps another placed by your utility services on the outside of the house incase you might want cable internet.

In the central location the three from the dish can be hooked up to a duo node, which you will need if you decide you need a second Hopper. Then from there I would run dual runs to each location. That way you could place the hopper(s) anywhere and not have to worry about adding a line later. Also I would run cat5/6 to each location as well, possibly two runs if you have multiple devices but a switch would work as well.

So five runs in and then 8 to each location unless you have more rooms that might need a tv in the future.

Instead of a dish tech I would consult an electrician and/or a reputable home theater installer. You might want to have audio installed too for speakers.

If I missed anything someone feel free to correct me.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thank you all very much - good info. I did talk to Cellular Connections today but it didn't sound the greatest for what I need at this phase. I may have them do the final install. Which leads me to my next question for you all - should I buy my equipment from them or lease it? We currently lease it from the sounds of it. Our bill shows a monthly rental for our receivers. I'd be willing to buy it so long as there is a warranty. Opinions?

It'll cost the same either way. Buying will allow you to remove rarely used joeys to save you $7/month and you can sell all of it if you go with some other provider in the future.

I would lease and use the money that you would have spent on the dish, node, hopper, and joeys for something else in the new home if it were me.

Adding the protection plan will cover leased or owned receivers so they would be covered either way if you buy vs lease with that plan. YMMV

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Unless you hate being in a 24 month commitment I would just lease it, not much of a benefit otherwise. Now if you have a room the you are not sure how often you'll watch TV in then you could purchase a receiver for that room. This would allow you to deactivate it when you don't need it and activate it again when you do want it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)