New House. Need help...

txbigguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Ok I am building a new house and I need some help. Here is my setup. I have a HD tv downstairs in the living room. I have a ordinary tv in the down stairs bedroom. I have a HD tv upstairs in the theater. Then I have a regular tv in the game room. I would like to have a HD/PVR downstairs as well as a PVR for the bedroom. Upstairs I just would like to have the HD box in the theater and a regular box in the Gameroom. The wiring in the house is centraly located (ie all runs end at a central point in the attic). What would be the best configuration for me to go with to get what I want spending the least.

I would say you need 2 x 942's That would give you HD+DVR in the living room and SD+DVR in the bedroom. The second would give you HD+DVR in the theater room and SD+DVR in the gameroom. They would cost you $250 each.

Same Scenario

I am doing nearly exactly the same config. I already have a 942 downstairs and which feeds an SD monitor in my wife's upstairs office from the TV2 output.

I have ordered (delivery tomorrow) a 2nd 942 which will go in my upstairs theater room. I will use its TV2 output to feed my upstairs office.

Since I have existing cable throught the house and don't have a cable-TV provider anymore, I just went into the attic and located the individual cables to/from each location. 2 barrell connectors were all I needed to make the TV2 runs from each 942.

It was a little expensive since I had to buy the 2nd 942 but it was all worth it to keep my wife happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)