New HR24, slwo RF remote response

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mkatts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Anyone else have a very slow response from the remote when in RF mode.
When i switch it over, I have to hold a button for about 5 seconds for the DVR to respond. The light on the DVR doesn't even blink to acknowledge it got he command from the remote. I tried StoneCold's thing of disabling the two way communication and it did not work I have not tried a red button reset, though, I did try switching over to RF as soon as the installer left from activating it, then again, when I unplugged it and moved it downstairs.
It moves so much fast than my HR22 when in IR, I wish I could get the RF working. I'd be 100% happy with it.

You didn't mention that you put new batteries in the remote.
You did right?
I'd also do the restart.
Try switching to IR and then back to RF.

Do a proper reset instead of the RBR seeing your going to do a reset.

Remember, it's a computer, I would only do a RBR when you can't get to the menus.

Menu-Set Up-System Set Up - ReSet - ReStart Recvr - Dash ....

Doing a RBR is about the same as turning off your computer by hitting the power button.

See how it responds after your reset.

new batteries. yes.
soft reboot. yes.

still sloooowww! :)
thanks guys!

In the world of any computer system, using a reset button or power switch is a hard reboot. Using the system's menu or command line interface to reboot is commonly known as a soft reboot.

Then what kind of reboot is it when you unplug it?

well this thread is a waste of bandwidth isn't it?
lol.

If you've tried what we've suggested and are still having issues, CALL D* and see what they say.

You don't seem to want to know what we have to say, so in a way YES .... this is a place to get ideas, not necessarily AGREE with what your hoping to hear.

jimbo your reply made no sense. other than to reboot you have made no suggestions or offered if you have experienced this issue. I replied that I did in fact reboot, both by power cycling and via soft reboot. you for some dumb reason wanted to debate rebooting terminology rather than help.
No kidding I can call D. I wanted to look for answers here before wasting time with D. I would have rather you did not reply at all since you have not had this issue.

jimbo your reply made no sense. other than to reboot you have made no suggestions or offered if you have experienced this issue. I replied that I did in fact reboot, both by power cycling and via soft reboot. you for some dumb reason wanted to debate rebooting terminology rather than help.
No kidding I can call D. I wanted to look for answers here before wasting time with D. I would have rather you did not reply at all since you have not had this issue.

Excellent !!!

Btw, I DID tell you how to do a Proper Reboot.

mkatts you still haven't answered my question. What is it called when the plug is pulled?

Disagree all you want. RBR, removes power momentarily from the CPU, same as pulling the plug. There is no "are you sure you want to do this" error message when you hit the red button is there? Want to know why? You do not give the CPU the option, because you have removed it's power source.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts