New HWS replacement enroute.

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
Getting a freebie upgrade to replace my original Hopper I got as an "early adopter". DISH refused to just send the equipment for me to self install & insisted on sending a technician (also free) so, I reluctantly set an appointment this Thursday.

Doing a little creative googling revealed a couple of differences, other than the obvious Sling, that I was unaware of being, 2X faster processor and instead of the wireless dongle for wifi, it has wifi built in... Sweet!

I think the only questions I have are:

(1) does the faster processor translate into quicker response time using various remote functions removing the sometime lengthy delay between a button press & on-screen results?

(2) How is the quality of the streaming audio and video to mobile devices - and- any significant differences between HD content & Standard definition content?

(3) Last, any tips or thoughts you might have for a more enjoyable mobile experience? FWIW, I will have Dish Anywhere installed on an iPhone 4S, a Nexus 7 tablet and the Moto RAZR Maxx I'm using now.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

You might want to contact a member of DIRT regarding having the receiver shipped. Depending on your situation, they may be able to revise the order to have it shipped to you instead! Unless Dish changed the rules, there is a provision to have it shipped directly to you, since you already have a Hopper setup in your house. One time in the past, I had a CSR refuse to ship a receiver, but DIRT was able to revise things for me.

Can't really speak to your other questions, as I still have the original Hopper myself, but if you are planning to transfer any recordings via EHD, you might want to check the other threads on the recent "update"...there are several having issues with EHD transfers, and transfers from the original Hopper to HWS!

I went through Dirt when upgrading as you. They just sent the box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)