New icon on hopper with sling?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Enraged newb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
Forest Hills, New York
I was doing a install for a customer yesterday and noticed on their hopper there was a new setting under the menu. I almost completely blew it off figuring it was probably a new update that would be on my hopper at home. But it was a red icon that has something to do with communication to devices. Really similar to NFC I think.

Is anyone seeing a new icon and can kinda fill me in?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Are you talking about the Z-wave icon?

Search for out home automation concept video from CES to see what it does. :)

It was a new icon under the menu. It was not in the apps. Honestly I wish I could remember the name of it. I just remember it saying something about connecting to devices. But it was not Bluetooth or anything we normally have. Again I didn't pay much attention to it because I figured I would just check it out when I got home thinking it was part of a new update.

I mean I have done hundreds of hopper jobs and have never seen the icon before.

Last edited:
"Send Announcement?"

Seems that Control 4 home automation products will be the items that the Hopper integrates with. Maybe the only ones or just the first of many others. Looks like this company has some cool stuff, but expensive and recommended to be dealer designed/installed. IMO, not for the average consumer looking for a couple of cameras or automation devices.

This is their website and the circle part of the logo is what the Dish icon looks like under Settings > Diagnostics: http://www.control4.com/

The Send Announcement action will most likely send an audio file or text message to a Control 4 device connected to the Hopper. Someday. "Announcements—Plays a pre-recorded .WAV file, or displays a text message whenever a given event occurs. You can play an audio announcement on any audio output device with a supporting text message that displays on selected Navigators."

http://www.control4.com/documentati.../Programming_with_the_Announcement_Agent1.htm

Hmm. I could see them adding home security like ADT for an x amount per month. Oops, dont want to give them any ideas for extra fees.

Dude, IMHO your avatar is really annoying. I just blocked it with AdBlock Plus. What an improvement!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)