New install and told 4K Joey is not compatible with Hopper3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dhjean

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
West Palm Beach, FL
Why in the world would an agent be unwilling to include a 4K Joey with my order for brand-new service with a Hopper 3? I wanted three 4K Joeys, but they said each has a one-time $50 fee, so I opted for one of them. But the agent said the system would not let her put a 4K Joey on an order with a Hopper3, that it's only compatible with the Hopper2.

Does this sound right to anyone?

I just told her to cancel the whole thing. Should I just call again and hope to get someone better-informed? Should I wait a few days?

Why in the world would an agent be unwilling to include a 4K Joey with my order for brand-new service with a Hopper 3? I wanted three 4K Joeys, but they said each has a one-time $50 fee, so I opted for one of them. But the agent said the system would not let her put a 4K Joey on an order with a Hopper3, that it's only compatible with the Hopper2.

I just told her to cancel the whole thing. Should I just call again and hope to get someone better-informed? Should I wait a few days?

You may need to tell them that you have a 4k TV. When the CSR puts in that the customer just has two HDTVs the system recommends a Hopper with Sling and a Joey 2. I'm not sure if this is the issue but it may help. Some CSR agents only have knowledge limited to the info on the screen in front of them.

That is strange because the dirt team set me with Hooper 3 and one 4k Joey

I have both installed and they work great

My leaving room TV is 4k while my bedroom TV is 1080p only

Next time you try to order if the agent refuses your wishes ask to speak to the Supervisor

As stated, 4K Joey definitely works with the H3.

It is also worth the $50 charge for any regular use TV (HD or 4K).

Reactions: bigkahuna12c
Thanks all. I had them redo the order, and it finally appears to be right. They're coming this afternoon to install. I hope it will all go smoothly. I post again with a report this evening.

My install went fine today. It was the tech's first Hopper 3. The cable already run through the house for DirecTV worked fine, so he only had to run new cable from the dish (which mounted on the same pole) to the swtiches and then one to where the Hopper is. It's a much cleaner setup than the DirecTV one. Now I just have to learn the ins and outs of this system. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts