New install in philly with OTA problems.

jwcool

Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Hi,
Let me just say i appreciate all the info found in these discussions. I have poster a similar thread elsewhere, but prob in wrong place. Let me just say that the voom signal (even on SD is much better than D*).
I live in philly about 6 miles from the towers for the locals. they all seem to be in similar tower arrays:
rf bcasting power miles from angle get it in scan?
26 770 kW 6.1 338 yes
31 250 kW 5.9 340 yes
32 107 kW 5.9 340 yes
34 500 kW 5.9 340 yes
42 305 kW 7.0 305 no
54 500 kW 5.9 340 no
64 500 kW 6.1 338 no
67 112 kW 6.1 338 no

I do a have a mild line of site issue with a small (very small) hill on which I live the south face.

I have included a diagram of the install wiring from memory so don't crucify if technically incorrect. but in case it does not attach
they installed a sensar amplified to a diplexor together with a line from the dish which has one output that goes into a power pass and out come a line labeled UHF and one labeled SAT. These go into a splitter (also made by winegard) and three lines come up (one for each reciever in my house).

can anyone tell me why I cannot get the stations with higher rf's?
Jcool

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 241
My setup does not have the power pass or the splitter thats under it. Only the diplexer with 2 outputs-one for each stb. They are separated at the box with the plug in diplexer on the back. I get all locals except one. That power pass may be blocking in your set-up but I'm not sure.

jwcool said:
Hi,
Let me just say i appreciate all the info found in these discussions. I have poster a similar thread elsewhere, but prob in wrong place. Let me just say that the voom signal (even on SD is much better than D*).
I live in philly about 6 miles from the towers for the locals. they all seem to be in similar tower arrays:
rf bcasting power miles from angle get it in scan?
26 770 kW 6.1 338 yes
31 250 kW 5.9 340 yes
32 107 kW 5.9 340 yes
34 500 kW 5.9 340 yes
42 305 kW 7.0 305 no
54 500 kW 5.9 340 no
64 500 kW 6.1 338 no
67 112 kW 6.1 338 no

I do a have a mild line of site issue with a small (very small) hill on which I live the south face.

I have included a diagram of the install wiring from memory so don't crucify if technically incorrect. but in case it does not attach
they installed a sensar amplified to a diplexor together with a line from the dish which has one output that goes into a power pass and out come a line labeled UHF and one labeled SAT. These go into a splitter (also made by winegard) and three lines come up (one for each reciever in my house).

can anyone tell me why I cannot get the stations with higher rf's?
Jcool

i cant get the picture to come up bigger but it looks like you have 3 irds and if that is the case . you have to have 3 lines going straight to the multi-switch if they install a diplexer between the dish and antenna and the multi-switch that is the problem. you need 3 direct line to the multi switch.

Thanks TYORK. I removed the initial diplexor and power pass splitter and sent 2 x sat and UHF straight into the muli-switch. got channels in the rf = 50-60 range right away. then put the sensar II up on a higher mast and recieve 100% of locals on one set and all but one on another. One I still have problems with. Could this be a diplexor on the box problem with these other stbs or bad wiring?
j

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts