new install looking for someone to jump in chat room with me

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a feeling they wont do a pole install...too much snow on the ground and the ground is frozen ;)

Nope!

There are two unmentioned field expedients. IF the roof is too iced up and the ground is frozen and you cant dig in the pole and drop the only things left are.... dead car mount and nearby tree mount. Both will look bad in the spring but a winter without commercials and **** is just unthinkable.

Joe

Last edited:
I called to set it up with the local guy all the same price as the web BUT with these guys DIRECTV Satellite TV, DIRECT TV Deal I get $125 if I'm reading it right. So now I dob't know who to go with any thoughts?

Also I am getting a extra HD box its going to cost me another $99 is there anyway i would be able to talk someone into giving it to me for free?

Hoping I can get some thing set up today!

Go with the local guy, then you know who you are dealing with. No one will give you that extra HD box free. Directv charges for it, so you will have to pay for it.

I called to set it up with the local guy all the same price as the web BUT with these guys DIRECTV Satellite TV, DIRECT TV Deal I get $125 if I'm reading it right. So now I dob't know who to go with any thoughts?

Also I am getting a extra HD box its going to cost me another $99 is there anyway i would be able to talk someone into giving it to me for free?

Hoping I can get some thing set up today!

thats dishstore, a sponsor of the site. i used them. they did a great job.
and the rebate was fast, i highly recomend them

Here is part of the deal.

Mdram, you are in Maryland and ordered Directv through the DISH STORE in Michigan. They took your order and passed it on to Directv for installation. Directv has a Home Service Provider (HSP) subcontractor system. They might have done your installation OR the HSP found another subcontractor in your area to do the installation. Recently Directv has been taking over HSP operations and running them themselves with their employees. That is who did your installation. I am glad you got a good job and all went well.

The idea of a local retailer...if you can find one.. is that they will support the installation and equipment if there is a problem.They have a store in the local community and do the installation. Either system should work equally well.

Joe

Last edited:
Go with the local guy, then you know who you are dealing with. No one will give you that extra HD box free. Directv charges for it, so you will have to pay for it.

I agree. If Dishstore does indeed pass their install work to DirecTV for them to distribute to HSPs, then you may as well go through DirecTV. HSP's do not guarantee you will get brand new equipment (and its unlikely you will ... most of its refurbished). With the local guy, its very likely you will get new equipment, your 1 year warranty, local support. The local guys tend to make much better money than HSPs, so they will be more experience, professional and willing to jump hurdles if problems arise. HSP's are hit and miss when it comes to quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)