New install-lost my locals.

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
I had a Dish 500 at the old house and sub to locals and they all worked. I moved a mile away and yesterday the installer came (right on time!) and put up a Dish 1000.2. He got good signal on 119, 110 and 129. Also replaced an 811 with a 622 so now I have leased 622 and I own the other. I didn't notice until he left but I got no locals on the new one or the one I've had. I put a rabbit ears up and only get "Digital Service" in the guide. Is there a setting somewhere that I missed to get the locals back or is a call to CS in order?

The 622 can't tune analog locals if that's what you have whereas the 811 could. That might be part of your problem. What's your other receiver? (622? - not sure from your post)

I'd call Tech Support first and let them talk you through it. CS probably won't be able to help much other than to schedule a revisit, but your issue might be resolved over the phone. Good luck with it. You'll love the 622 if it's your first experience with it...!

I've had an 811 and a 622 for about a year. They both had the locals I was sub'ing to from the satellite, not OTA. I traded the 811 for a second 622 and upgraded the dish to a 1000.2. Locals are not there anymore.
Oh, and yes I have been loving the 622. That's why I now have 2 of them.

I've had an 811 and a 622 for about a year. They both had the locals I was sub'ing to from the satellite, not OTA. I traded the 811 for a second 622 and upgraded the dish to a 1000.2. Locals are not there anymore.
Oh, and yes I have been loving the 622. That's why I now have 2 of them.
Call tech support. They obviously have switched your locals off for some reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)