New Install My-O-My

SkipDrive

Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
I am switching from DirectTV to the Dish Network and the installer came out yesterday to install. I live in eastern Iowa and in a wooded area. The installer had major concerns about acquiring the Satellites with the orientation for the 1000.2 antenna. I do have a clear view to the east.

So he wanted to install an 1000.4 antenna. Dish said OK, but the other installers in the area told him that the 1000.4 will not receive in this area. So the installer is coming back out today and try to connect to the 119 Satellite.

I'm totally lost as to what their plan is. Does anyone know whether the 1000.4 can still receive west of Chicago?

Using 722 and 222 receivers HD package
dontgetit.gif

I think the problem is your locals, Because I'm quite sure 1000.4 will work in Iowa, But the Eastern Arc Satellite most likly don't have your locals on them. Thats my Guess why the installer would be looking at getting the 119 Either to use a 1000.4 and a Dish 500 on the 119," Which sucks. I had it for 2 months." Or just putting up a 1000.2

I just was installed onto the eastern arc (using DishMover with line-of-sight issues to the western arc) even though I could not get the ROC locals yet from that cluster.

My choices for the locals were a second dish pointed to 110 (western arc) or an HD OTA antenna. We tried the OTA option first and got the locals. They needed a booster amp even thoough I am on top of a hill about 15 miles from the transmission tower. The major issue was that on two VIP722's we could not get the OTA locals to map into the EPG...thus no automatic recordings option (BAD!). My solution was to get a temporary 110 D500 installed until the ROC locals are available on the eastern arc.

I do have to compliment the Dish techs. They worked endlessly giving me a really nice setup very professionally done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)