New install, new equipment?

mike6097

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Am looking to sign up the next few days and will be getting a HWS, super Joey, and two Joeys. Do new customers get new receivers? New remotes?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

Usually, unless the tech is carrying only refurbished receivers. Our market doesn't have refurbished HWS or refurbed super joeys. But the regular joeys are sometimes refurbished.

Posted Via MAGIC!!!!!

You will definitely get new remotes. As others have said, the Hopper equipment is new enough that it is very unlikely you would get refurbished equipment, but Joeys would be the most likely, but rare.

You can also save an additional $50 up front if you use a refer-a-friend referral code...see my signature (hint hint) :)

DISH has a constant stream of old receivers being returned to them. These receivers are retested and "refurbished" then put back into inventory for reissue to customers NEW and Existing. Seeing DISH owns leased receivers it makes no difference wether they are NEW or REFURBISHED.

DISH has a constant stream of old receivers being returned to them. These receivers are retested and "refurbished" then put back into inventory for reissue to customers NEW and Existing. Seeing DISH owns leased receivers it makes no difference wether they are NEW or REFURBISHED.

Remember, I work for Dish, so I may have some inherent bias. But what I have seen, and have read, is this: Brand new receivers are subject to standard QA testing, which may or may not mean each receiver is tested. Now, with a refurbished receiver, it's broken down, and bench tested to see what's wrong with it, if anything. That's fixed, and re-tested, and then sent out. Your mileage may vary, of course..

Disclaimer: As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts