New install question

Raised Grain

Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
We're haveing Dish installed on Wednesday and I have a question about the DVRs. With three DVRs, how many programs can I record simultaniously? My neighbor insists that I will be limited to record two programs at any one time. I did a search and came up without an answer so I put it out there for you.

Depends on the DVR. If you had a 622 or 722 with a OTA feed hooked up then you can record 3 programs at once, 2 sat and 1 ota. Depends on how you define a DVR. Non OTA models can record 2 programs at once.

Depends on the DVR. If you had a 622 or 722 with a OTA feed hooked up then you can record 3 programs at once, 2 sat and 1 ota. Depends on how you define a DVR. Non OTA models can record 2 programs aout the t once.
That's true, although he didn't specify that. And if you want info on a Dish DVR, why not try dishnetwork.com? If you were going to buy a Ford truck, you wouldn't check out the GM dealer for info. Would you?

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/product_brochures/722_brochure.pdf

I should have been more specific with my question. I'm not getting HD. I'm assuming I will get the 625. I will buy an additional 625 because Dish will not supply the third DVR. I will not use an OTA. So, that each DVR has the capabilty to record two programs will I in fact be able to record six different programs with the three 625 receivers. I'm beginning to have doubts about this now also.

Depends on the DVR. If you had a 622 or 722 with a OTA feed hooked up then you can record 3 programs at once, 2 sat and 1 ota. Depends on how you define a DVR. Non OTA models can record 2 programs at once.

so in Dish VIP math - thats 3 x 3 = 9.

i feel the smartness beginning to well up in me now......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts