New Install Questions.... HR34 w/ 2 H25's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xjakdanylx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Could you please comment on a recent install and suggest any corrections or improvements?

equipment in stalled: 1 HR34 & 2 H25's.

one cable from dish runs to SWM ODU Box,
then into a 4-way splitter. Out of the splitter runs 1 cable to H25, 1 cable to 2nd H25, 1 cable to upstairs into another 4-way splitter.
On the 2nd 4-way splitter. One output ( the DC Power Pass) feeds the HR34. One other output feeds the DECA Broadband unit. 2 Outputs on the 2nd splitter are unused.

Possible to eliminate 1 splitter improving signal?

thanks!

Did your installer suggest a DCCK? wireless connection for your internet. that could eliminate the second splitter. of course you would need a wireless network.

no, I do not believe he did mention the DCCK.
would it work to eliminate the first splitter.

i would then have a line from the SWM box to a 4 way splitter, 2 outputs would go to 2 H25's, 1 to the DECA and the last to the HR34?

Your DCCK will connect to your hr34 at the receiver and the DECA will be removed. It will not be needed after you connect the DCCK. So the second splitter that is being used for the hr34 and the DECA will removed and can be 1 run to the first splitter. The DCCK connects the HR34 thru the coax jumper from the device giving you internet connectivity to your receiver wirelessly via DCCK. It's a simple connection, you hook it up and within a minute the HR34 should give a prompt to follow setup. If not it can be done thru the network settings in the menu.
I would think Directv would give you the DCCK if asked right away being your install was just done. But really you don't have to worry about the way it is installed now. Using 2 spitters in your SWiM is not a real big deal and I don't think you have anything to worry about unless you just want a little cleaner install. I would be fine with it.

thanks for your help,,,, its appreciated!

Your DCCK will connect to your hr34 at the receiver and the DECA will be removed. It will not be needed after you connect the DCCK. So the second splitter that is being used for the hr34 and the DECA will removed and can be 1 run to the first splitter. The DCCK connects the HR34 thru the coax jumper from the device giving you internet connectivity to your receiver wirelessly via DCCK. It's a simple connection, you hook it up and within a minute the HR34 should give a prompt to follow setup. If not it can be done thru the network settings in the menu.
I would think Directv would give you the DCCK if asked right away being your install was just done. But really you don't have to worry about the way it is installed now. Using 2 spitters in your SWiM is not a real big deal and I don't think you have anything to worry about unless you just want a little cleaner install. I would be fine with it.

Yes, you can make the changes mentioned, but I am curious why you are asking. Are you experiencing some reception issues? What are you signal strengths on 99, 101, and 103? Just so you know, the installation you have is not uncommon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)