New Install Reciever problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PhillyUnionSoccer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
South Jersey (NJ)
Two days ago got a H24 HD DVR installed & H21 HD reciever.

H21 has audio & video problems and Whole home does not work.

Contracted installer said he would bring another new h24 hd dvr back to replace defective h21.

My sign up contract says free hardware one HD dvr & one HD reciever.

This Would be OK with me but I do not want to pay additional $$!

Does this sound normal or who should I confirm with before he comes back (if he ever does!@)

I am really just more worried about getting charged more $ if I in fact get another HD24 DVR installed -which I would take if it is "free" equipment but my contract states 1 hd dvr & 1 HD reciever "free" at install.

I have confidence the installer can my it work as I already had dish for 10 years & only have 2 hd tvs

Have you called Directv to confirm if the order has been changed and if they are charging you more?

I am really just more worried about getting charged more $ if I in fact get another HD24 DVR installed -which I would take if it is "free" equipment but my contract states 1 hd dvr & 1 HD reciever "free" at install.
If the installer says that they're going to swap an H21 for an H24, there's no upgrade involved. They are functionally identical HD receivers (other than the H24 having built-in DECA).

There is no such beastie as an HD24.

If the installer says that they're going to swap an H21 for an H24, there's no upgrade involved. They are functionally identical HD receivers (other than the H24 having built-in DECA).

There is no such beastie as an HD24.

Did you read his post? He is concerned that the installer is going to bring a dvr and that he will be charged more for it.

Did you read his post? He is concerned that the installer is going to bring a dvr and that he will be charged more for it.
I'm guessing that the assumption on the OP's part was that the H24 is an HD DVR and that's where the concern came from. It is certainly possible that all tries at the model number have been incorrect and it is indeed an HD DVR.

Last night 2 installers came and for another 3 hours could not figure whole home install out. SW direct and they sending me a HD Dvr (that I will install) and I am to send back my H24 free of any charges since I am a new install and 3 diff installers could get the whole home to work.

Last night 2 installers came and for another 3 hours could not figure whole home install out. SW direct and they sending me a HD Dvr (that I will install) and I am to send back my H24 free of any charges since I am a new install and 3 diff installers could get the whole home to work.
For your information Directv model numbers do mean something. HD DVRs are HR20/HR21/HR22/HR23 & HR24 the "R" means they are recorders. An "H" only, means it is a HD receiver without recording capabilities. Your posts are confusing because of your poor descriptions of receivers.

I can't imagine what make them think you're going to have success making WHDS work when they haven't been able to.

You've been dealt some very rotten cards with these installers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts