New install - switch from Pegasus, need installer's help/advice

sNaKeYeZ

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Chunky, MS
This is my first post here, so please bare with me. I was pointed to this site from friends at dslreports.com. Here's the story.

I have been with Dish Network for over 4 years now. I have a 3900 receiver and I never knew how sucky it had become until my parents got their new 301 receiver when they signed up just a few weeks ago. Without looking deep into their contracts, none of us realized that Dish has a own your own equipment promotion (Free-For-All) and a lease your equipment promotion (Digital Home Advantage). Well, no questions about lease vs. own were ever raised, I didn't really care at the time. After the installation was complete with the sweet new 301 receiver, my parents were handed the phone by the installer to complete the deal. My mom wanted to pay by the YEAR because it was a better deal and she didn't really want monthly bills coming in. Big surprise - if you are on the Digital Home Advantage plan, you CANNOT pay yearly for your America's Top 180 package. My parents got hopping mad, as did I. I can't find anywhere that plainly tells you that you cannot pay yearly unless you own your equipment.

Anyway, my parents got over it all, and are happy with their Dish setup, and are paying monthly with leased equipment. Here's the meat of this story. My workplace has DirecTV through Pegasus right now. When I mentioned this to the installer at my parents' house, his eyes lit up and he began to ask me to switch my workplace over to Dish from Pegasus because he'd get a great kickback for doing so, and we'd save money on our programming, which I found that both are true. He'd make money and we'd save money. But, when I go to:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/getdish/pegasus/index.shtml
which is the site for the "switch from Pegasus to Dish" promotion, it only has a link pointing to the Digital Home Advantage promotion, the lease the equipment and no paying by the year for your package promotion. We really want to sign up for the Free-For-All promotion and pay $275 per year for the America's Top 60 package.

My questions are:
1) Can we sign up for the Free-For-All promotion and pay yearly for America's Top 60 AND the installer get his kickback?
2) Or can the installer only get his kickback by switching us from Pegasus to Dish's Digital Home Advantage promotion?

I really appreciate any help you guys could give me. This installer did a great job, and I'd like to help him out any way we could while helping ourselves to the lower cost of Dish over Pegasus (DirecTV).

Thanks!
Lance

CablerMN

Oops, sorry I should have clarified. The installation location isn't a business or a commercial property or anything like that. It's just a place we go to do work sometimes, not a business office or anything like that though.

Sorry for not giving enough info.

Could anyone help me out with my original questions?

1) Can we sign up for the Free-For-All promotion and pay yearly for America's Top 60 AND the installer get his kickback?
2) Or can the installer only get his kickback by switching us from Pegasus to Dish's Digital Home Advantage promotion?

Thanks!

snakeyes,

I do not believe that the incentive bonus for the installer is dependent on the DHA promo. I think if the customer is a Pegases customer or lives within a certian zip code area that Pegases operates in,then the installer recieves the bonus. I believe they have to provide address confirmation(ex-piece of mail from customer) .

Chuckster,
Thanks for the reply! We will be signing up with Dish on Friday. We are getting the DHA plan because we were told by the installer that after 12 months we could pay yearly instead of monthly. I hope this is true. Plus, with the DHA promotion, the installer said he'd waive the $50 install fee, and we'd still get $50 credit on our first bill, so it all sounded really good!

Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)