New Install & Very UPSET

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
They installed my system today, I was told that we qualify for local channels that was the reason I got Dish in the first place, the installer called in to activate the boxes and the lady said we don't get CBS (the 2 faced people). said will have to wait 45 days for some waver to clear, we don't have a local CBS the only way to get it is with Cable or a antenna about 40ft in the air, CBS comes from another state 80 miles away. The people on the phone said we would get the Atlanta feed. What the hell is up with these people?

NightRyder

1978 Y88 T/A 6.6 4 spd 1978-2020 RIP
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
Atlanta CBS doesn't require a SuperDish, it's on the 110 bird. The SuperDish is for your Panama City local stations.

According to the EKB, Dothan, AL. CBS WTVY TV 4 is slated to be added to your local package at some point in the future.

NightRyder

ngriffin

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 31, 2003
Port St. Joe is right at the edge of WTVY's predicted Grade B contour. Many addresses should be clear of it, but some in the northern part of that zip code will not. Those in the clear can get any distant CBS, including Atlanta.

Once the "significantly viewed" rules are implemented, he should be able to get WTVY from Dothan, AL or WCTV from Thomasville/Tallahassee. I think it;s pretty clear that Dish and Direct will use significantly viewed to fill in missing network. I think it's still up in the air whether they will add duplicate network signals to people's packages, like many of us hope they do.

ocaddict

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 5, 2004
Atlanta
Plywodstatebum said:
They installed my system today, I was told that we qualify for local channels that was the reason I got Dish in the first place, the installer called in to activate the boxes and the lady said we don't get CBS (the 2 faced people). said will have to wait 45 days for some waver to clear, we don't have a local CBS the only way to get it is with Cable or a antenna about 40ft in the air, CBS comes from another state 80 miles away. The people on the phone said we would get the Atlanta feed. What the hell is up with these people?

So return the entire setup. You can do that within the first 30 days right?

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
chaddux said:
Neither of you is correct. With no commitment, he can return it at any time.
With a straight DHA plan he can return it at any time but to return to new customer status it has to be cancelled in the first thirty days. Also if it is a DHA-12 or 24 there is a time commitment,12Mo or 24Mo. :)

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
boba said:
With a straight DHA plan he can return it at any time but to return to new customer status it has to be cancelled in the first three days. Also if it is a DHA-12 or 24 there is a time commitment,12Mo or 24Mo. :)

ProSat2

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 20, 2005
Grade B contour

"Port St. Joe is right at the edge of WTVY's predicted Grade B contour. Many addresses should be clear of it, but some in the northern part of that zip code will not. Those in the clear can get any distant CBS, including Atlanta.
"

ngriffin,
Is there an nation wide online resource for this type of data? I am from Vermont and in the past 8 months the "borders" have been creeping slowly. I am finding many people not able to get our Burlington, VT locals now when their neighbors and others around them do. Instead they have to take either have locals out of NY or MASS. It would be nice to find out where these borders actually are. I got into a very hot dispute with a CSR from Dish one time. I didn't quite hear her very clearly, but I am sure she swore at me! Dish Network actually called the company I work for and complained about me. They pretty much laughed in their faces. I don't mind being told something, but I want references. After all I am the one standing in front of customers not them.
Thanks,

LM

ProSat2

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 20, 2005
Where abouts in Vermont

I live in Windsor for now. I am pretty much from the White River Jct./Lebanon NH area. Are you a retailer/installer or just an installer? Or neither?

LM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)