New Install

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I know nothing about Dish's sat's. I am in south carolina and am coming from D* where we have 2 dish's. I notice the people around me have Dish 500's, is that what Ill get (Americas 250 with HD programming). Just kinda curious if its a 500 or 1000.

Just got an email stating that I am getting:

Dish 1000.2 KIT
DISH 1000.2 KIT
DISH 500
Leased VIP622 System

I was hoping to get away from 2 dish's but this doesn't look like it.

It should just be 1 dish... the Dish 1000.2. That picks up the 110, 119, and 129 satellites that are needed for the core dish programming, and the HD programming.

It should just be 1 dish... the Dish 1000.2. That picks up the 110, 119, and 129 satellites that are needed for the core dish programming, and the HD programming.

Good. I'm taking up the 2 dish's from D* tomorrow and was hoping to have something a little smaller being that Im in a rental. With D* I had to have the large 5lnb + a small single lnb for the locals. My installer mounted them on two different poles which was also not so great.

Good. I'm taking up the 2 dish's from D* tomorrow and was hoping to have something a little smaller being that Im in a rental. With D* I had to have the large 5lnb + a small single lnb for the locals. My installer mounted them on two different poles which was also not so great.

yeah.... it will be a little smaller, but not much... the 1000.2 is a pretty big dish itself :)

I have a 1000.2 and to me it's not that big. Just a little bigger than a Directv 3 lnbs. Now, the Directv with 5 lnbs is huge but the Slimline seems to be smaller so D* realized that the dish was too big.

To the OP, the 1000.2 will be smaller than the D* 5 lnbs dish.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/Dishes/Dish-1000point2.htm

Thanks for the help guys, I actually found a 1000 near me and it is much smaller. I have the AT9 original 5 lnb, freakin huge.

They just finished installing the 1000.2

I had 80 on 129, 100's on 119 and low 80s on 110

Good for you. I'm in Florida so I have to use 2 dishes. It's not a big deal to me though. They're both tucked away in kind of an outside corner of the back of my house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)