new installation - 722 signal levels

andrewe77

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2004
I just got my Vip 722 installed and I noticed that the signal levels aren't near what I used to have a couple of years ago with my 522. I live near Kansas City, MO. 129 seems very low. Is there room for improvement and should I call them to come back and realign the dish??? Perhaps there's someone in my area that can do a better job than the installer? Here they are:

Tuner 1
Sat 119
Xponder 11
Signal Level = 60

Tuner 2
Sat 110
Xponder 11
Signal Level = 545
Tuner 2
Sat 129
Xponder 11
Signal Level = 16

Tuner 2
Sat 119
Xponder 11
Signal Level = 59

Tuner 2
Sat 110
Xponder 11
Signal Level = 54

Tuner 2
Sat 129
Xponder 11
Signal Level = 17

I just got my Vip 722 installed and I noticed that the signal levels aren't near what I used to have a couple of years ago with my 522. I live near Kansas City, MO. 129 seems very low. Is there room for improvement and should I call them to come back and realign the dish??? Perhaps there's someone in my area that can do a better job than the installer? Here they are:

Tuner 1
Sat 119
Xponder 11
Signal Level = 60

Tuner 2
Sat 110
Xponder 11
Signal Level = 545
Tuner 2
Sat 129
Xponder 11
Signal Level = 16

Tuner 2
Sat 119
Xponder 11
Signal Level = 59

Tuner 2
Sat 110
Xponder 11
Signal Level = 54

Tuner 2
Sat 129
Xponder 11
Signal Level = 17

Hi, I recently got a 722 unit and I spoke with a rep yesterday about the signal level. They told me that now the maximum signal is 100. My 722 averages around 90 and I had another DVR for 2 yrs. with Dish that read up to 120. It's not a problem.

I have been having a problem with the total loss of signal on 7 occasions since getting the 722. This Thursday Dish is sending a tech out to troubleshoot everything to find out what's causing the picture loss. They may replace the receiver if it's causing the problem.

On a side note: I get local chs. here, BUT they aren't in HD. I have a roof antenna that picks up all the locals. If you plug an antenna into the coax jack on the back of the 722 and ask it to scan for all digital chs. in the area it will find them and lock them into its memory. The best part is they all turned into HD! What a nice bonus. I think the 722 is a super unit and am very happy with its performance. I'm sure it's a real work horse and will be reliable.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Walker:)

Yeh, 129 is low so either your alignment is off OR you could have a LOS problem. Either way, a call is in order. BTW, all your other signals are in the norm. Keep in mind, signal strenth meters show lower with the new software. 50's-60's are good.

Not even the installers know why they changed it. They hate it and think it was a dumb change. Imagine what we the customers think:rolleyes:, it just creates confusion.
Yep..Inquistive customers who know how to get to the signal strength meter are seeing these lower readings for the first time are calling in to complain about poor signals. The CSR's in their haste to rid themsleves of a call simply create a trouble call. We get hit with this and it counts against us statistically and it effects how much work we get. The problems seem to be subsiding. But when it ever starts raining again here(we're in a severe drought) the customers will start calling again about "low signal strengths"...
Thanks Dish!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)