New installation: No HD despite having package...

jmattick

Original poster
May 9, 2005
Around 4 this afternoon, I had a 722 installed with dishDVR Advantage 250 & DishHD Ultimate. The installers installed everything and said my HD content will take a little longer to become active.

I figured this to be a few hours. Here I am a good 8 hours later, and I still get the "To activate HD functionally, please call Dish". My account through Dish states I have the programming.

I figure I'll likely get sent a system update or something at 3am and it'll become active then, but I wanted to know if this typically happens...

I've done a hard reset and also tested the switch to force the reciever to update the programming guide. No dice...

Hit menu, 8, 4 and change the time so you don't have to wait till 3 and see what happens. I doubt this does anything but you should've had what you wanted after the install instantly. But call them in the morning.

Hit menu, 8, 4 and change the time so you don't have to wait till 3 and see what happens. I doubt this does anything but you should've had what you wanted after the install instantly. But call them in the morning.

Just did that. It finished up completing a few moments ago, reacquired satellites, and still says I'm unsubscribed to any HD content aside from the TEST channel... :(

If I don't have programming by the time I wake up tomorrow morning, Dish AND the installers will both be getting phone calls asking why the delay.

Not sure what your installers did but there is no difference in the time it takes to activate any channels, SD or HD. Sounds like a lie to me so they could bail on the install and still get you to sign off. Call Dish tech support immediately and tell them you have no HD channels showing and work from there.

I had the exact same thing happen to me a year ago. I called and they said that my account showed that I did not order HD. I said, Why would I order a 622 and the installer put on a 61.5 dish if I did not? They admitted the mistake and had them on before I hung up the phone. Was not the installers problem at all.

All fixed now.

It was an issue on Dish's end, not the installers. When the installer called in to activated the equipment, the rep he spoke to confirmed that I wanted DishHD Ultimate. The installer then called me and made sure that was what I wanted.

The rep signed off, said everything was set. The installer checked, and the rep told the installer that it may take a little longer for HD to show up.

The rep never sent the activation signal for HD. Just SD programming.

It was apparently all in the notes that tech support had. Took 10 minutes of troubleshooting and it was all fixed. :D

All fixed now.

It was an issue on Dish's end, not the installers. When the installer called in to activated the equipment, the rep he spoke to confirmed that I wanted DishHD Ultimate. The installer then called me and made sure that was what I wanted.

The rep signed off, said everything was set. The installer checked, and the rep told the installer that it may take a little longer for HD to show up.

The rep never sent the activation signal for HD. Just SD programming.

It was apparently all in the notes that tech support had. Took 10 minutes of troubleshooting and it was all fixed. :D

Good to hear!

My installer did not leave until my HD channels were showing in the guide and on the tv.

Good to hear!

My installer did not leave until my HD channels were showing in the guide and on the tv.

same here. I made sure the two guys that installed it stayed until i was satisfied. Glad to hear you get it all worked out though. Welcome to High Def!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)