New Installation of Dish Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

The Harrington

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2006
NYC/Lehigh Valley, PA
Hello: I had previously posted these questions on alt.dbs.echostar. Given I haven't gotten any replies I thought I'd give this forum a whirl. Hopefully one of you can provide me with some info or perhaps point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

TH
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am currently a DirecTV user who does not have DirecTiVo but does have
the Toshiba DVD player that includes free basic TiVo. Am moving to a
new house that is in the process of being built and plan to switch to
Dish. Was curious about what kind of coaxial runs I would need from
the satellite point in order to be able to use all the features that
the 625 offers. The house will also have a modulated camera at the
front door that alllows me to see who is ringing the bell/knocking on
the door. Given this would I need three runs of coax to each TV? Plan
is to have 4 TV locations.

Other question is that if I jump aboard one of the deals Dish is
presently offering for 4 rooms how many receivers will I be given?
Only want the DVR in two rooms and was going to get standard receiver
for other two. However, depending upon which independent Dish
installer page I review sometimes it looks like I'd get two standard
and two PVR receivers while other times it looks like I'd get two
standard and one PVR receiver that can be used on two TVs. Which one
is correct?

Any help or advice that any of you can offer would be greatly
appreciated.

TH

If you can get the four room deal you will get two dual tuner receivers (one DVR and one standard receiver). Each receiver will give you two rooms because each of them has two tuners. The dual tuner DVR gives you the DVR functionality in two rooms. The second tuner in those receivers is controlled with a UHF Pro remote that changes channels through the walls up to 200 feet away. You can buy UHF Pro remotes for the first tuner if you want to change the channels on tuner 1 from another room. If you do not need to watch four different things at the same time then a good solution is to split the signal to the other rooms and take the remote with you.

If you do not want to run several wires to each room then you will need some DP approved diplexers. If they will use a DPP twin lnbf then there will only be one cable run needed for each dual tuner receiver. You would need to split the signal from the camera to have two seperate cables to run into two diplexers before the point of entry where the two dual tuner receivers will be. On one end of the diplexer you will connect the coax from the satellite and on the other end of the diplexer you will connect the camera coax into it. In the room where the dual tuner receiver is at you will connect the one wire into the diplexer and on the other end one coax will go to the seperator and one coax will go to the antenna in on the back of the receiver which will allow you to view the camera when you press the TV/Video button or turn the receiver off. The wires from the seperator will go into the Satellite 1 and 2 inputs on the dual tuner satellite receiver. One more wire will go back out of the room to the other room(s) you want the programming from that receiver to be shown. This is how the wires will be run to each of the dual tuner receivers if you want only two wires to be run into each room instead of three.

Another option is to run a wire from the camera and a wire from the satellite dish into the room where the dual tuner receiver is at. Before the point of entry into the room where the dual tuner receiver is at you can place a DP approved diplexor. On the end where there is only one connection that will be ran into the room where the receiver is at. On the end where there are two connections one goes to the satellite dish and the other goes to the other room(s) in which you want the programming to be viewed in. If you want the programming in more than one room then you can put a splitter in between that connection of the diplexer and the rooms you want the programming in. In the room where you have the dual tuner receiver the wire from the diplexer on one side would go to the seperator. The other wire would go to the tv2 output.

Stargazer:

Thanks for your quick and very informative reply. I son't know how much I like the two tuner for 4 TV deal as I am a bit wary of whether of the "changing channels from 200 feet away" claims but I did some searching here and onm other sources and I have seen very few complaints about it. I am guessing I could always try and get an extra receiver but I'd likley have to pay for the cost plus the additional monthly fee.

I pretty much understand what you wrote about the wiring. Nonetheless, when the guy from DIsh comes to install I think I am just going to print out a copy of what you wrote and have him use that as a guide. Hopefully he will be knowledgable enough to do it without any problems. That wasn't the case with my DirecTV installation.

Thanks again.

TH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)