New installation

bigticket

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
I moved from an apartment to a home. On my 2nd floor, I have 2 cable outlets but they are not wired to the main junction outside.

I have installation appointment with Dish on 6/10. My question is will the installer take care of wiring to the 2 outlets and if I need any additional outlets will he do that ?? Currently I have only one receiver activated (Vip211k). I am planning on connecting my own Vip622 in one room and have this Vip211k in another room.

Currently I have broadband thru Insight on the 1st floor. I hope the installation won't affect my internet.

tyi.

Unless the cable is already in place and deemed acceptable, installers will run cables from the antenna outside your home and then through the outside wall of the room that has a receiver. There are exceptions but that's generally how it goes. If you want something different, you'll need to do the cabling yourself, get someone else to do it for you, or have an agreement in advance with the installer. Special wiring usually costs extra even if they agree to do it.

need help !!

Thanks laddyboy.

Here is my situation. The installer was here and we ended up rescheduling again. He does not think he can do without running the wire along the wall into attic.

Here is my setup.

My junction box is inside the house (laundry room). Outside there is only one cable going inside (insight broadband). 3 rooms were wired, so I get internet in all three rooms.

My dish has 119, 110, 129 and 118.7 lnbs. I have a DP44 switch. I am planning to have 2 receivers to cover 3 rooms. 1 dual tuner (622) and one single tuner (211k).

My question is can we combine all 4 cables from satellite (119,110,129,118.7) into one single coax and use a diplexer to combine cable and split cable and satellite in the junction box??

Any ideas please ?? we have rescheduled the appointment to this Sat'day (6/13).

My dish is installed on the ground. The installer said he has to run all 4 cables along the wall and make a hole to get into attic. Once all 4 cables are in attic, he will use DP44 and then use junction box..is this the only way possible ??

I do not want the cable to run along the wall and a hole to get into attic from outside.

Any help is highly appreciated.

thanks

Is there no way to run the wires into the house where the Insight cable enters? In some cases cable, including internet, can be diplexed with the satellite signal. I don't recommend it though. Also it doesn't work for all cable/internet installations so it can be a crap shoot. The installer obviously wants to locate the DPP44 switch inside which necessitates four cables entering the house. Even if the switch were to be located outside, two cables still would need to enter the house, one for each receiver. If you were to add more receivers later, more cables would need to be fed through the wall at that time. Somewhere there will have to be a hole made to get the cable into your home. It just a question of where. Without seeing it is hard to evaluate but entering at the same point as the Insigh cable might be my choice. Maybe the installer doesn't think he can get cables from the laundry room to the rooms where the receives will be installed and thinks the attic is the best route. The DPP44 requires a line from each of the satellite ports, that's four lines for the four sat positions. A single cable from the DPP44 switch is needed for each receiver whether single or dual tuner.

Is there no way to run the wires into the house where the Insight cable enters? In some cases cable, including internet, can be diplexed with the satellite signal. I don't recommend it though. Also it doesn't work for all cable/internet installations so it can be a crap shoot. The installer obviously wants to locate the DPP44 switch inside which necessitates four cables entering the house. Even if the switch were to be located outside, two cables still would need to enter the house, one for each receiver. If you were to add more receivers later, more cables would need to be fed through the wall at that time. Somewhere there will have to be a hole made to get the cable into your home. It just a question of where. Without seeing it is hard to evaluate but entering at the same point as the Insigh cable might be my choice. Maybe the installer doesn't think he can get cables from the laundry room to the rooms where the receives will be installed and thinks the attic is the best route. The DPP44 requires a line from each of the satellite ports, that's four lines for the four sat positions. A single cable from the DPP44 switch is needed for each receiver whether single or dual tuner.

thanks again. The point where the insight cable enters is a small hole already sealed. I asked him if it's possible to make the hole little bigger and insert these 2 cables from dp44 switch (for 2 receivers). He said he does not know how the insight cable travels thru the wall and where it ends up.

thanks again. The point where the insight cable enters is a small hole already sealed. I asked him if it's possible to make the hole little bigger and insert these 2 cables from dp44 switch (for 2 receivers). He said he does not know how the insight cable travels thru the wall and where it ends up.

He ought to be able to backtrace the internet cable from the laundry room or you can do so yourself. If he doesn't want to enlarge the hole, why not a separate hole right next to it. He likely doesn't want to stick a bit in there and run the risk of damaging the internet cable and then catching heck for that. If he can't pull it to get it out of the way of the drill, I think that's very reasonable to not want to take the chance.

He ought to be able to backtrace the internet cable from the laundry room or you can do so yourself. If he doesn't want to enlarge the hole, why not a separate hole right next to it. He likely doesn't want to stick a bit in there and run the risk of damaging the internet cable and then catching heck for that. If he can't pull it to get it out of the way of the drill, I think that's very reasonable to not want to take the chance.

Will try back tracing the internet cable and see if there's a way to drill a hole next to it and pull in sat cables.

thanks again..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)