New installation.

GaryPen said:
Cascade - Just curious. If you already had a DirecTV installation in place, why did you decide to switch to Dish?

We just moved into the property and the previous occupants had DirecTV, we went for DN because the wifes parents have it and all the praise it's been receiving lately.

I was just speaking with Cascade.. it's a line of sight issue. the Direct dish cleared the trees, but there was no room to back up the Dish 500.

No sooner than I had posted "that's not something we'd do" I got a call from the executive office about it. First time I ran into one of our jobs here.

Spoke to Rick, I'm having a field service tech coming out tomorrow or thursday to re-evaluate the job, I mentioned embedding the 4x4 into the ground leaving 5-6ft exposed and bolting the steel pole to it but he wouldn't touch it.
Anyhow, by thursday i'll know if this is a go or a no-go, I'll keep you updated, stay tuned.....

2 guys from the installation company came out for another site survey this morning and told me that the 10ft steel pole I'd bought would be fine.
I didn't need to buy the wooden pole or the concrete at all.

Go figure.

A big thanks to bcshields who got the ball rolling a bit faster, it's good to know there are people like you on the forums and looking out for customers, it's appreciated. Thanks bud

Not a problem. Glad they got you up and running. I still don't understand the nonsense about the giant wooden post, but that's the disadvantage I have with being a desk-jockey. At least you can return your post and concrete and get your money back.

...So the installer comes round, plants a 6ft steel pole exactly where the old DirecTV pole was, installs the Dish500 and gets a great reading from both birds.
The installer was great, he went into the crawlspace under the house and wired it up properly and neatly - he said that this install was no problem and he didn't understand why i'd been jerked around so badly.

So I still have my wooden pole propping up a tree and a very bad taste in my mouth from the 2 weeks of crap the wife and I had dealt with.
Needless to say, the customer "Care" guy at Dish who was supposed to be looking after me with regular updates and reimbursement for the hassle hasn't called me since 2 days before the install.

Oh, and to top things off nicely the 522 has packed up on TV2.

Edit: To be honest I feel cheated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)