New installer question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TonyH

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
WV
About every third install I find that I have the dish aimed wrong and am not getting 119. I go back up on the roof and readjust and find i was a little right to get good signal on both. Is there a way with the Accutec.... blue meter... to see both sat's. The meter has two LNB ports. I presently connect to the top port... Can I connect a second line to the lower port and see both signals?

I am no installer, but based on the meters I have seen, the top port is usually for the dish end, and the bottom is a passthrough for a receiver. (I could be wrong about that though, since I do not know what the specs of the meter you have are).

It also has a port on the left side of the meter that goes to a receiver if necessary to power the meter through a receiver or I think to check for voltages coming from a receiver... not sure about this or exactly the benifits of viewing voltages...

What your describing is an Accutrac I believe. You can switch the meter to 22khz, which should allow you to see the 119. Otherwise, a Birdog meter will alert you when you align to a specific sat. Its virtually idiot proof. Hope it helps.

both ports will work but you only need 1 to tune the dish. if you are getting 119 only you will need to go up with your elevation and to the left with the dish.

thanks but I found that out the hard way... the question is can I see both 110 and 119 signal through the ACCUTRAC at the same time by connecting both ports to the LNB?

the acutrac 2 is capable of seeing two sats at once, you want the 101 and 119. if you have them the 110 has to be there. i use a digisat 2 which is a carbon copy of yours. the acutrac 1 can only see the 101 thru a phase 3 dish. now with the old paratodos 2 or 3 lnb dish, we could hook meters to each lnb.

I thought you could since it has to ports out... now I just need to know how to set it up to see both... Is it as simple as connecting both ports to the LNB?

how many fittings are on the meter ? 2 at one end and one at the other. or 1 at each end?

btw...i just PM'd you check your messages

one at the left... I can use this one to power the meter from a receiver if I run out of battery power and 2 on the right

Thanks... tried it today... seems to have worked... or at least I didn't have to go back on the roof

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)