New Installer to Dish

partspro411

Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Savannah, TN
Hey Guys, I have been doing Direct for 2 years and got offered a job to do Dish. With Dish being a little more complicated I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a cheat sheet to help me with switches, remote setup, and etc. Thanks :)

partspro411 said:
Hey Guys, I have been doing Direct for 2 years and got offered a job to do Dish. With Dish being a little more complicated I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a cheat sheet to help me with switches, remote setup, and etc. Thanks :)
DISH "Notwerks" retailler site has installation notes. :)

boba said:

good one.

to the origninal poster, this is not a put down in any way, but if you don't know what you are doing, you would not be the only one.

boba said:

Boba is the resident DISH-hater so you can expect virtually everything he says to be degrading of DISH.

partspro411 said:

One thing good about Dishnetwork is,, one brand of Dish and One brand of IRD.
322 and 522 could be pain sometime.

DishPro Plus LNB are the best thing that ever happen!!

partspro411 said:

One thing good about Dishnetwork is,, one brand of Dish and One brand of IRD.
322 and 522 could be pain sometime.

DishPro Plus LNB are the best thing that ever happen!!

chaddux said:
Boba is the resident DISH-hater so you can expect virtually everything he says to be degrading of DISH.
If he has access to the retailer website DISH does have information on installation and switches. You are right after 9 years of selling DISH and 20 years of Echosphere I do have some distaste for their poor products. :) My 522 couldn't even record the last retailer chat.

If you would like some practice -- why not come to my house and trench the lines and hide the lines that the previous installer put? Good practice and I would be doing you a huge favor I think :p

Bruno said:
Who did you have install it.... Sorry i just could not resist...Bruno :D

My retailer 522 didn't record it either. Come to find out one of my installers borrowed my DPPTwin.

Ok guys any comments about this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys any comments about this,
Helping a friend installing his dish for dishnet... We did the dish installation but the ird won't ( 2700 ) get the even transporders,and I was running multiswitch was telling me multi... unknown. I did try a 301-10 and like magic was working great,When I ran multi... is just running to 1 and 2 and that it.But I am getting all channels. On the switch results are,
LNB,P-twin
Input 1 2
Sat 119 110
Polarity all all
Device Twin Twin

But when I go back with 2700 the same problem back again

If I understand your feeble attempt at writing coherent english, you've got a DishPro LNBF and you're trying to use a Legacy receiver.

Where's your Legacy Adapter? I'll bet the proverbial doughnut you don't have one.

SimpleSimon said:
If I understand your feeble attempt at writing coherent english, you've got a DishPro LNBF and you're trying to use a Legacy receiver.

Where's your Legacy Adapter? I'll bet the proverbial doughnut you don't have one.

If you speak spanish will make easier for me.
This is what I get with 301.13

When I do a Check switch with 301.13 I am getting this,

LNB=P= twin
Input= 1 2
Sat = 119 110
Polarity= all all
Device = Twin Twin

But when I go back with 2700 the same problem back again, :confused:
No device detect it, just odds transporders and just satellite 119 . :confused:
Maybe can you understand better,I am just helping a friend of mine installing his sat.
Thanks in advanced,
Skibby

Ah, yes. Punctuation is good. Nothing to do with English vs. Spanish.

My previous answer definitely applies, and it's the same as the one in your other identical thread.

You need a Legacy Adapter.

And then you think I may be able to use this 2700,Don't get me wrong I know I need to improve my english,Do you know when I run check switch with the 301-13 , Will just run 1,2 and that its.

DishPro receivers using DP LNB/switch run up to 5 tests. DP box with Legacy gear runs up to 28 tests give or take.

Legacy box will always run up to 28. Your 2700 should work fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts