New issue after Dish was "repaired"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

linebackeru

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
I have been a subscriber for over a year and my satisfaction level with DTV was very high, by far the best I have had between comcast and E*. Anyhow, I went on vacation and came back to a house full of TV's that could not get a signal. I called, was walked through several things and it was deemed I needed a tech to come check. I had no TV for a Friday afternoon-Monday evening timeframe, which I was compensated for with discounts (I am fine with this). The tech comes, checks a few things, finally goes on room and says the LNB is full with condensation and replaces it. Since then, everytime it rains, my receivers all freeze and lose signal. I NEVER had this problem prior to the tech messing with the dish. We have had terrible severe storms with much heavier rain, hail and high winds, a snow storm that dumped almost 3 feet and I always had a great signal and no freezes or lost signals. I called DTV to express my displeasure and they pretty much tell me I was just lucky and that the replacement part or repair could not possibly have anything to do with this issue. I proceed to ask them why it NEVER happened before and NEVER happens to a friend who lives close by in the same weather and they pretty much reitterate "tough luck", we can run a diagnostic when the weather clears. I guess what I want to know after this long rant is whether I am way off base in thinking something went wrong in repair since these problems NEVER happened before or if I was just lucky, in which case, I am switching because I never had these issues with E* either. Thanks for any input

Whoray, no, he put the LNB on and came directly down. It was late in the day (7pm ish) and there was a storm coming. The thing that is so frustrating is the fact DTV attitude towards it was tough luck. Even when I told them I NEVER had this issue before the tech worked on my dish or when I had E* . I told them we had much more extreme weather that it held up in and they were more or less telling me too bad, you're stuck with it. I requested a tech come out to check the dish and they were not hearing it. Should I use the re-dither thing as a reason for them to send a tech back out?? If this happens while I am watching a football or hockey game this fall/winter, I am going to blow my stack.

One other thing I forgot to mention. My original LNB they replaced was much smaller than the one they replaced it with. The original was 1 small glass peice, the new one has 3 glass peieces in a row with one large one in the center. Could this be an issue as well??

Boba, they are strong on some numbers, but the middle row (top to bottom) is range from a 0 to a high of 65

One other thing I forgot to mention. My original LNB they replaced was much smaller than the one they replaced it with. The original was 1 small glass peice, the new one has 3 glass peieces in a row with one large one in the center. Could this be an issue as well??

He replaced your SL3 with a SL5. You should be getting a couple more channels (HOPE, Jewish Life), and 4 or 5 more sonic tap channels. It does require re-dithering, esp if your signal levels are running low. If you still have your tech's phone number in your phone, call him and tell him about your problem. If he refuses to correct it, inform him that he's going to get a repeat service call from this. Let the call center rep know what your signal levels are after he replaced the LNB. That should get another service tech sent out.

Jason, here are the numbers:

1-8 96 95 96 0 95 100 95 100
9-16 96 96 97 80 96 100 95 100
17-24 95 98 96 77 97 100 98 100
25-32 98 89 96 99 97 100 97 100

32 total at 101 degree

Your 101 signals are good (the 4th # being low is normal), but what are the signals on the 103? Also, have you noticed if all channels freeze or just the HD ones when the problems occur?

If you're not sure how to check different dish signals: go to the signal strength menu then look to where it says "101" and change it to check each dish signal.

Your 101 signals are good (the 4th # being low is normal), but what are the signals on the 103? Also, have you noticed if all channels freeze or just the HD ones when the problems occur?

If you're not sure how to check different dish signals: go to the signal strength menu then look to where it says "101" and change it to check each dish signal.

103(s) is all 0's and NA,
103(ca)
1-8 all NA
9-16 93 95 89 95 88 92 83 94
17-24 85 92 84 92 83 91 85 94
25-32 all NA
103(cb)
1-8 96 92 95 86 95 87 94 85
rest are all NA

103(s) is all 0's and NA,
103(ca)
1-8 all NA
9-16 93 95 89 95 88 92 83 94
17-24 85 92 84 92 83 91 85 94
25-32 all NA
103(cb)
1-8 96 92 95 86 95 87 94 85
rest are all NA

Your numbers look good so far ....

What about the 99s ?
That may be where your locals come from.

So, i ended up sending an email after not getting any satisfactory answers from the 2 people I spoke to in tech support. I got a phone call in response to the email and the gentleman was more what I have grown accustomed to dealing with DTV. He said the answers I received were very unsatisfactory and he would send a tech out to check everything again. Guy came yesterday and during our conversation he told me they have been getting a ton of calls with this lately, ever since they started using the newer LNB's. I really hope they come out with a fix or new part so I can go back to the way it used to be with uninterrupted signal.

So, i ended up sending an email after not getting any satisfactory answers from the 2 people I spoke to in tech support. I got a phone call in response to the email and the gentleman was more what I have grown accustomed to dealing with DTV. He said the answers I received were very unsatisfactory and he would send a tech out to check everything again. Guy came yesterday and during our conversation he told me they have been getting a ton of calls with this lately, ever since they started using the newer LNB's. I really hope they come out with a fix or new part so I can go back to the way it used to be with uninterrupted signal.

You never did say what dish set up you had.
It will tell you if you go to Menu-SetUp- System Set Up- Info-Select-More System Info-Select
Scroll down the page and it will show "Dish Type".

I few years back they had a lot of trouble with a particular LNB, could be that you had one and now that they have replaced it you'll be good.

You never did say what dish set up you had.
It will tell you if you go to Menu-SetUp- System Set Up- Info-Select-More System Info-Select
Scroll down the page and it will show "Dish Type".

I few years back they had a lot of trouble with a particular LNB, could be that you had one and now that they have replaced it you'll be good.

I had one with my install that worked perfect for over a year. When the new LNB was installed a few weeks ago, the problems started.

Status
Please reply by conversation.